× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Stay connected to Wifi 6 also 6ghz not available

Cannot Stay connected to Wifi 6 also 6ghz not available

Hello,

I have two devices with the same network adapter (intel ax210) which supports 6ghz. One is my pc and one is my laptop, the laptop always struggles to stay connected at 2402 Mbps and always reverts to using wifi4 at 300mbps. I have tried messing with settings in the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling. The only thing that seems to work is rebooting the router then it connects right back to wifi6 at 2402 mbps. I also never see the 6ghz network at all listed, my SSIDs are separated by each band. I don't really mind connecting at 2402 mbps but it's not stable. Is there anything i can do to force it to use 802.11ax or connect on the 6ghz channel?

Thanks for your help,

Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: Cannot Stay connected to Wifi 6 also 6ghz not available

Are we supposed to guess which router model you have?
Message 2 of 6

this is the rs700 forum ...

Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

Many people post in the wrong forum and have their thread moved to the correct one. It's always good and needed to mention the router model.
Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

If you're on windows, you should be able to go into the device manager and set the preferred band. I've done that on my laptop to better test 6ghz. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your ethernet adatper drivers are up to date from Intel as well. 

Confim the router model and channels settings. 

@jonathan16833 wrote:

Hello,

I have two devices with the same network adapter (intel ax210) which supports 6ghz. One is my pc and one is my laptop, the laptop always struggles to stay connected at 2402 Mbps and always reverts to using wifi4 at 300mbps. I have tried messing with settings in the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling. The only thing that seems to work is rebooting the router then it connects right back to wifi6 at 2402 mbps. I also never see the 6ghz network at all listed, my SSIDs are separated by each band. I don't really mind connecting at 2402 mbps but it's not stable. Is there anything i can do to force it to use 802.11ax or connect on the 6ghz channel?

Thanks for your help,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7