Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 still on firmware V4.6.14.3, auto update doesn't work

ellave
Aspirant

RBR750 still on firmware V4.6.14.3, auto update doesn't work

Hi, I have a 750 with 1 satellite, just checked my firmware and its on version 4.X.  Auto update is turned up but has never appeared to work.    If I manually update can i go straight to the latest version or do I need to goto a different version first?   

Otherwise should I just leave it as is if everything is working fine?  Not worth risking issues

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ellave
Aspirant

Re: RBR750 still on firmware V4.6.14.3, auto update doesn't work

Thanks, is there some separate password for the satellite?  It doesn't accept the default 'password' or what I use to access orbilogin.com ?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

The observation is correct.  User control of "Auto Update" was changed in v7.2.6.21.  Users who manually updated to v7.2.6.21 and set Auto Update to "on" were automatically updated to v7.2.6.31.

There is no need to manually update to v7.2.6.21  It is fine to go directly to v7.2.6.31

https://kb.netgear.com/000066099/RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-7-2-6-31 

As always, Netgear's recommendation is to update satellites first before updating the router.

Many of us on the forum prefer to connect to the web interface of each satellite (by IP address) and select Firmware Update (bottom menu item).  The router Manual Update tab should work as well.  (We are sometimes superstitious.)

It is a good idea to save a copy of the system configuration before doing any firmware update.

Good Luck

Message 2 of 4
ellave
Aspirant

Thanks, is there some separate password for the satellite?  It doesn't accept the default 'password' or what I use to access orbilogin.com ?

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Satellites are supposed to use the same credentials as the router.  If they do not, then the router Manual Upgrade is the only method available.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7