× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Question about using Geo-Filter with Xbox Seriex X and Call of Duty

Question about using Geo-Filter with Xbox Seriex X and Call of Duty

When using the Geo-Filter on my XR1000v2 (latest firmware) and I have the radius at 680 miles, more than large enough to cover myself near Batesville, Arkansas, my Nice in Austin, TX and my two Nephews, one in Lubbock, TX and one in Dallas TX.

So why is it that I never see a player Icon show up for any of them when we join a lobby and are even in a party together in Call of Duty Modern Warfare III?

For that matter, I never see ANY players show up unless they are outside of the 680 mile radius and then they are always a yellow (blocked) triangle?

Am I setting something wrong?

I have the Geo-Filter set to strict but I do have the Xbox (Console) setup and filtering on, and it's in strict mode but they are in my filter radius, and more than that are IN a game with me, in the same party even, yet never show up.

I thought the Geo-Filter also showed other players but all I ever see is "Servers" and "Peers" beyond the occasionaly random momentary yellow triangle blip of a player somewhere in the far north-east out of my Geo-Filter circle.

Message 1 of 2
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Question about using Geo-Filter with Xbox Seriex X and Call of Duty

You won't always see players on the map, especially in server based games so that's quite normal.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7