Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help Needed! RBS750 Not Connecting, White LED Flashing

ms2003
Aspirant

Help Needed! RBS750 Not Connecting, White LED Flashing

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing an issue with my RBS750 where it suddenly stopped connecting and the white LED light keeps flashing. Upon powering on, the LED flashes rapidly and then slows down to a fading pattern after about half a minute, continuing to cycle like this indefinitely.

I've attempted to flash the firmware using TFTP but failed, following these steps:

1. Power off the device.
  2. Hold down the reset button while powering on the device.
  3. Keep holding the reset button, and the LED turns amber, indicating a wired connection.
  4. However, I'm unable to ping 192.168.1.1, and as soon as I release the reset button, the LED almost immediately reverts to white and continues the flashing cycle, and the wired connection is also lost.

I'm wondering if there's any other method I can try to recover from this "bricked" state? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Help Needed! RBS750 Not Connecting, White LED Flashing

Has FW been updated to same version on all units before this happened? 

What version of FW is on the system? 

Does ethernet connecting the one RBS to the back of the RBR help get it an IP address?

Message 2 of 12
ms2003
Aspirant

The firmware version I was using before the issue occurred was 4.6.14.3, which had been in use for quite some time and was the same version on all devices. When I connected my computer to this RBS using an Ethernet cable, it showed as disconnected. Directly connecting to the RBR also resulted in nothing connected. Only when I continuously held down the reset button did the computer display a connection to an unknown network, but it seemed that the RBS did not have an valid IP address. I have scanned the 192.168.1 segment with a tool and did not find it.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Try 192.168.10.250 on this one RBS with a wired PC connected to the RBS after doing a factory reset by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds then release. 

Last resort would be a 30-30-30 reset on the RBS. Look this up on the internet to how to do this. 

Message 4 of 12
ms2003
Aspirant

I tried to access using the 192.168.10 network segment, but I couldn't find a router; resetting the router (30-30-30) also seems ineffective, and it keeps looping endlessly. I want to use TTL to solve the problem, but I don't know how to open this device's case- do you know how to disassemble an RBS750? 

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

There maybe hidden screws under the rubber footing that can be peeled back to reveal them. 

Message 6 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

@ms2003 wrote:

I tried to access using the 192.168.10 network segment, but I couldn't find a router; resetting the router (30-30-30) also seems ineffective, and it keeps looping endlessly. I want to use TTL to solve the problem, but I don't know how to open this device's case- do you know how to disassemble an RBS750? 

Is that a typo?  The default LAN network is 192.168.1.x (not "10")

Here is a guide to opening the RBR750 case:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bcr2yzjb78sk3n43knilo/Connect-to-RBR750-Terminal-Pins.pdf?rlkey=a5piy... 

Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

No typo.

Message 8 of 12
ms2003
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the disassembly tutorial you provided. I'll find some time to take it apart later. However, it seems that the tutorial does not mention the specific command lines for rescuing a bricked device via TTL connection. Could you please let me know? I would really appreciate it!

Message 9 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Two comments:

1. I have never used the TTL interface on an Orbi satellite.  On an Orbi RBR750, the command line provides access to the usual Linux interface.  I have used it to change some settings, but not to "rescue" anything.  Sorry not to have anything useful to share.
  2. The one time I successfully flashed firmware to an Orbi satellite, it was using TFTP to the IP address 192.168.1.250. (That's why the question about "10".)
Message 10 of 12
ms2003
Aspirant

I have now successfully connected to Orbi via TTL and can see that the terminal is constantly restarting. If I hold down the reset button, the terminal will pause at this command:

'set_firmware_partition:

1017 setenv firmware_partition 0 Setting bus to 0 Valid chip addresses: 31

Setting bus to 0 Valid chip addresses: 31

Setting bus to 0 Valid chip addresses: 31'.

Once I release it, it continues to restart again.

I can't stop the terminal from entering command input mode even when I press Ctrl+C, and I don't know what to do next.

Message 11 of 12
ms2003
Aspirant

I've uploaded the logs, and it appears that nmrp is also corrupted. I wonder if there's any way to fix it.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7