× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

Re: WAX220 WIFI Disconnects on Apple devices

Jmpappjam
Tutor

Many thanks. I have messaged you for further information on this.
Message 26 of 45
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

We have a beta image with the fix available for testing. If anyone would like to test the image and provide any feedback. Please send me a private message with your email and I can forward the image too.

Message 27 of 45
zekou
Tutor

@MrJoshW 

I would be very open to testing, but the challenge is I just returned my WAX220 unit this week via RMA. If you can hook me up with support to get one for 2 weeks for testing purposes, I can test it on the same setup I had with that beta firmware. I even have backups of my configs for WAX220 until about 2 weeks ago. So I could get that deployed quickly. 

Is there a way to arrange something like that?

I am US / Washington based. 

Thanks! 

Message 28 of 45
hallcristobal
Aspirant

Hi @Nivedita ,

I have this AP and use mainly Apple products in my house and would benefit from this. I've been having this issue since I purchased this device the end of September and am currently on Firmware Version V1.0.3.3.

Interestingly enough I have an addition with my issue: I have 3 SSIDs broadcasting, on 3 different VLANs (1, 100, 1000) - All have the same settings on the AP except the passcodes.

Devices connected to the SSID with VLAN 100 do not disconnect. All other devices connecting to the other 2 will, including my Android Devices (Pixel & Nvidia Shield) within 30 minutes of connecting, notably when there's a stream of data going through (file transfer, watching youtube, talking in a discord call).

Thank you

Message 29 of 45
Jmpappjam
Tutor

Exactly the same for me. I noticed when traffic was required to be “fast” such as Speedtests and high quality video streaming or calls.
I have updated the firmware using the test version sent to me yesterday and it has shown an improvement and no dropouts.
Message 30 of 45
Nivedita
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @hallcristobal ,

Thanks for sharing the details.

As mentioned by @Jmpappjam , we have latest patch FW, I would request you to upgrade WAX220 with this latest image and provide your feedback. 

Please 'Direct Message' for this latest patch FW.

Thank you!

Nivedita 

Message 31 of 45
unholyeyebrows
Initiate

Hi. Is there an estimate for when this fix will be generally released? Thanks.

Message 32 of 45
Nivedita
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

Official release tentative date would be May 24th, we are trying to release ASAP.

Thanks,

Nivedita 

Message 33 of 45
stevengonsalvez
Aspirant

Hi, 

I have messaged you separately for the firmware - thanks, 

Message 34 of 45
unholyeyebrows
Initiate

That's good to know.

Thanks also for sending me the beta firmware which I have just installed. Initial tests with speedtest.net have been solid so I'll monitor for any other issues and let you know. Thanks again.

Message 35 of 45
computone
Aspirant

Hi All,

Any news on this FW release to resolve this Apple devices dropouts with this WAX220?

I tried to contact @Nivedita for a copy of the beta FW back on May 16th with no reply to date.

They said the official tentative release date for the FW would be May 24th but there is no sign of any new FW on their website, with the latest still being 1.0.3.3 where the problem is inherent.

Any update or receipt of the beta FW would be much appreciated.

If it drags on for much longer, will have to replace the AP with a different one (brand inclusive).

Thanks.

Message 36 of 45
Nivedita
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @computone ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Production FW will be available on or before 29th may. 

Thanks,

Nivedita 

Message 37 of 45
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I got my beta firmware today and I can tell that my apple disconnects are gone.

5h hours now on beta an no disconnects on 5GHZ.

Message 38 of 45
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Sorry Bad News. Over Night the Connection lost is back. 
I Hope the official Firmware can fix that annoying Problem. 

Message 39 of 45
Retired_Member
Not applicable

How can i know this. I use shortcuts on my iPhone and every time it loose Connection to my Ap it gives a Message. My phone is 5m away from wax220 and After i wake up i got 30 New Messages of Connection lost. 

Message 40 of 45
Nivedita
NETGEAR Expert

Hi,

Which client are you see connection lost, does it reconnect?.

what scenario did you see this disconnection?, how far the clients from AP?. 

We would need more details to understand this issue as most of the customers confirmed that apple devices disconnection issue is resolved with the latest shared FW. 

Thanks,

Nivedita 

Message 41 of 45
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My phone is an iPhone 14 Pro. It lays 5 Meter away from wax220. It reconnects every time in a few seconds. 
I rebootet the wax220 again and the Drops are gone as yesterday. It seems that this dropping occours only After a few Hours. Yesterday After 8h.

Sinne this Problem occours i used an AppleScript to get a notification everytime my phone disconnects vom wifi. 

Message 42 of 45
NellyWys
Aspirant

Can you confirm when the fix will be available? We have sites with updated firmware still struggling with this issue. 

Message 43 of 45
Nivedita
NETGEAR Expert

In a day or two it will be available, I'll keep posted once officially released.

Could you please elaborate more on the issue, did you update the AP with latest beta FW? 

Message 44 of 45
Nivedita
NETGEAR Expert

Hello All,

WAX220 V1.0.3.4 official FW has been released. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000066208/WAX220-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-4 

Thank you!

Message 45 of 45
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements