× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.

WAX615 wifi not working

wifinotworking1
Follower

WAX615 wifi not working

my WAX615 AX3000 router has no wifi network and I can't edit the wifi name on the insight page, there's hundreds of settings but for some reason they didn't bother adding an option to edit wifi name and password. How do I connect to the network if it doesn't exist? 

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: WAX615 wifi not working

On the WX615 local Web UI (or any other similar WAX6xx or WAC5x) you find the SSID (network name) in Configuration -> Wireless -> Basic ... WLAN Settings

WAX615 SSIDs pxed.PNG 

In Insight, you can add one or multiple SSIDs, mapped to the primary (management) VLAN, or to any other VLAN you have available on your network:

https://insight.netgear.com/#/wireless/wirelessSettings 

Insight wireless SSIDs pxld.PNG

Last but not least, the nice Insight Managed WiFi 6 AX3000 Access Point WAX615 and WAX615PA Installation Guide does show the case

A. Use the NETGEAR Insight Cloud Portal to configure the AP 

or

B. Use the NETGEAR Insight app to configure the AP

...YouTube can be your friend:.How to Create a New SSID | Insight 

or

C. Configure the AP as standalone in a web browser

...in a step by step process on how to connect to the AP, and on the Day Zero Easy Configuration Page, with the new admin password, SSID (WiFi network name), WiFi passphrase

WAX615 QSG - Configure the AP as standaone in a web browser.PNG

So please explain us what you have connected, what your intentions were, and what should finally "not work" please?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements