× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR2100 ethernet port non active

Heardy58
Follower

MR2100 ethernet port non active

I have read many posts related to issues with the MR2100 ethernet port not functioning. My new Telstra Nighthawk M2 seems to have the ethernet port disabled.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
ryan1969
Aspirant

Re: MR2100 ethernet port non active

Hello, @Heardy58CoveredCA 

I can see your post and I give you the best way to find your solution please see below and follow the information.

I understand that you’re experiencing issues with the MR2100 (Telstra Nighthawk M2) ethernet port not functioning. Let’s explore some potential solutions:

• Firmware Update: Ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version. Sometimes, updates include bug fixes or improvements related to hardware functionality.
  • Check Settings:
    Access the router’s management page (usually via a web browser at 192.168.1.1).
    Look for settings related to the Ethernet port. Check if there’s an option to enable or disable it.
    Verify that the Ethernet port isn’t accidentally disabled in the settings.
  • Physical Inspection:
    Make sure the Ethernet cable is securely connected to both the router and the device you’re trying to connect.
    Inspect the Ethernet port for any physical damage or debris.
  • Power Cycling:
    Sometimes, power cycling the router can resolve minor issues. Turn it off, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

Remember to back up any important settings or configurations before making changes. 

Best Regard,
ryan1969

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7