× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems while creating the .config for 3.12.43 Kernel in ReadyNASOS 6.3.5 (for comp. USB Modules)

it-guru
Aspirant

Problems while creating the .config for 3.12.43 Kernel in ReadyNASOS 6.3.5 (for comp. USB Modules)

I am running 6.3.5 on my ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus and all works fine. My Problem ist, i need to add the OneWire USB Modules to my system for a Home-Automation solution.

This was my approach to get my target:

I open ...

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2649/~/gpl-open-source-code-for-programmers

... and found for "ReadyNAS OS 6(ReadyNAS 200)" the download link...

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GPL/ReadyNASOS_V6.3.5_WW_src.zip

... and unpack this zip in a /usr/src/ReadyNAS/ReadyNASOS directory.
In this zip i found two posible directories (linux-3.12.43-52.6 and linux-3.12.43-52.6-alpine), which are seems to be the correct kernel source for ReadyNASOS 6.3.5 . I use linux-3.12.43-52.6 and so i do ...

cd /usr/src/ReadyNAS/ReadyNASOS/linux-3.12.43-52.6
make distclean      # seems to work fine
make olddefconfig   # seems also to work fine

... an now i try at first to compile the hole kernel without any modifications or additional modules with (to check, if .config is correct created) ...

make

This takes a longer time (>30 minutes) and multiple files can be correct compiled and linked but then i get the message ...

CC drivers/pci/msi.o
CC drivers/pci/htirq.o
CC drivers/pci/ats.o
drivers/pci/ats.c: In function 'pci_enable_ats':
drivers/pci/ats.c:68:52: error: 'struct pci_dev' has no member named 'physfn'
struct pci_dev *pdev = dev->is_physfn ? dev : dev->physfn;
^
drivers/pci/ats.c:70:19: error: 'struct pci_dev' has no member named 'sriov'
mutex_lock(&pdev->sriov->lock);
^
drivers/pci/ats.c:78:21: error: 'struct pci_dev' has no member named 'sriov'
mutex_unlock(&pdev->sriov->lock);
^
drivers/pci/ats.c: In function 'pci_disable_ats':
drivers/pci/ats.c:117:52: error: 'struct pci_dev' has no member named 'physfn'
struct pci_dev *pdev = dev->is_physfn ? dev : dev->physfn;
^
drivers/pci/ats.c:119:19: error: 'struct pci_dev' has no member named 'sriov'
mutex_lock(&pdev->sriov->lock);
^
drivers/pci/ats.c:123:21: error: 'struct pci_dev' has no member named 'sriov'
mutex_unlock(&pdev->sriov->lock);
^
make[2]: *** [drivers/pci/ats.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/pci] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

All Steps are done direct on my ReadyNAS (no crosscompile). I (think) i have all necessary build dependencies installed (build-essential, libncurses5-dev). My surmise is, the creation of .config is not correct. 

Where can i found/get the correct (and working) kernel .config for the 3.12.43 Kernel on ReadyNASOS 6.3.5 ???

BTW: Does anyone know, what are the difference between linux-3.12.43-52.6-alpine and linux-3.12.43-52.6 in the src zip-file and what is the purpose of the -alpine kernel?

Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Problems while creating the .config for 3.12.43 Kernel in ReadyNASOS 6.3.5 (for comp. USB Module

6.3.5 was released for the 200 series (alpine arm).

We have a newer kernel again in 6.4.0 beta.

Message 2 of 3
it-guru
Aspirant

Re: Problems while creating the .config for 3.12.43 Kernel in ReadyNASOS 6.3.5 (for comp. USB Module

OK, now i have installed ReadyNASOS-6.4.0-T147-x86_64.img an it seems to work good.

But now i could not find the sources for this image.

At http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2649/~/gpl-open-source-code-for-programmers there is no source package for the 6.4.0-T147  image.

Where can i found the source package, in which the source for the kernel 4.1.7 is included? (and the the needed .config file for the kernel to compile modules)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements