Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200v4 - only 1 device can connect wirelessly

wellard_maq
Follower

DGN2200v4 - only 1 device can connect wirelessly

Hi to all!

First of all, I don't have enough knowledge in networking so I asked for your indulgence about my concern.

I just want to ask for some help on how to correctly configure my DGN2200v4 for my NBN connection. I connected my DGN2200v4 modem router(WAN/4) to the NBN modem (UNI-D1) via an ethernet cable. I followed all setup instructions and all of my devices can connect to the modem router via wifi. However, only 1 device can access the internet at any given time. After a couple of days trying to figure out what to do, few questions linger into my mind.

1. is the DGN2200v4 capable of being a modem (from NBN Box) and at the same time being a router - distributing internet connection in all devices connected to it via wifi? if yes, what should be the settings?

2. If the answer is "No" to the above question, do i need a separate router to be connected to the DGN2200v4 modem LAN Ports?

I also observed that the device being connected to the internet cannot access/open the routerlogin.com/net. only those devices that are currently connected to the modem router but without internet connection can access Netgear Genie.

Thank you for all those who will respond to my post.

Message 1 of 2

Re: DGN2200v4 - only 1 device can connect wirelessly

@wellard_maq wrote:

I just want to ask for some help on how to correctly configure my DGN2200v4 for my NBN connection. I connected my DGN2200v4 modem router(WAN/4) to the NBN modem (UNI-D1) via an ethernet cable.

The DGN2200v4 is a six-year old ADSL modem/router based on a  modem first produced around 2011.It has Ethernet ports limited to 100 Mbps. (Newer routers have 1000 Mbps or better.) If your internet is faster than that, you are throwing away any extra speed. It also does not have 5 GHz wifi.

It isn't likely to work as a modem on NBN.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Might be best just recycled and replaced with something newer.

What is this UNI-D1 NBN modem? Google isn't much help.

Which of these modems is your first connection to the Internet?

Why do you need the second device?

If the NBN modem is also a router, you hit this issue:

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If the DGN2200v4 is after the modem on the network, then you can use it in router mode, but its performance is so anaemic that it is probably not worth the effort.

I also observed that the device being connected to the internet cannot access/open the routerlogin.com/net. only those devices that are currently connected to the modem router but without internet connection can access Netgear Genie.

That is probably a sign of the double-NAT challenge.

PS The best place for advice on the DGN2200v4 is probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7