Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S D7800 is limiting my internet speed

ozgokhan0
Follower

Nighthawk X4S D7800 is limiting my internet speed

I recently switched to More NBN FTTP 250/23M plan, from Tangerine 100/17 plan.
My Modem is Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800

By connecting the UNI-D port directly to my computer via ethernet I am getting full speed of 260/23M. However, when I connect my PC via LAN ports on the modem/router, it gives me max 116 Mbps download. The upload is fine, I am still getting 23 Mbps. Called technical support but they were not very helpful because I am using a BYO modem.

*I configured the modem by entering the username and password I was provided.

*I updated the firmware (currently V1.0.1.68)

*The QoS is disabled. I even tried to enable it and set my bandwidth manually but still got the same speed.

The router/modem should be able to give up to 1Gbps. Can you please help me resolve this?  

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk X4S D7800 is limiting my internet speed

@ozgokhan0 wrote:

I recently switched to More NBN FTTP 250/23M plan, from Tangerine 100/17 plan.
My Modem is Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800

The D7800 is a DSL modem/router.

What sort of Internet service do you have? NBN is not a technology so much as brand for Australia's quirky implementation of a raft of different Internet technologies.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

and

Which NETGEAR DSL modem routers support NBN FTTN and FTTB SOS, ROC, and SRA standards? | Answer | NE...

You will see that Netgear makes not claim that your D7800 is compatible with NBN. But that does not mean that you cannot use it as a router connected to a different modem.

Called technical support but they were not very helpful because I am using a BYO modem.

The first thing is to stop thinking about the D7800 as a "BYO modem". You need their help to use your own router behind whatever modem your ISP has provided.

What is this "UNI-D port"?

The router/modem should be able to give up to 1Gbps. Can you please help me resolve this?  

Yes,  but you need to use your D7800 in router mode.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Manually Set Up a Cable or Fiber Internet Connection

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7