Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

View my websited uding my Netgear Nighthawk D7000 v2 AC1900 WiFi VDSL ADSL Modem Router

RapsMX
Follower

View my websited uding my Netgear Nighthawk D7000 v2 AC1900 WiFi VDSL ADSL Modem Router

Hello there, I recently set up my new Netgear router and I like it very much so far adding ports and other tasks have been easy to workout however I have a little issue.

I host about 10 or more websites through my local network with other routers I had to add all my domain names to my hosts file before I can view the websites. The reason why I bought this router is apparently it resolves loopback? So, I don’t need to add all my domain names to my hosts file.

If I try and view any of my domain names while I’m on my local area connection I get my routers login page instead.

Is there a setting I need to change in the router to allow me to view my websites through my domain names without me having to use my hosts file while im on my own LAN network?.

I should only be able to login to my router via my default gateway address but even if I view my public ip address through my web browser on my LAN network it takes me to my router login page.

Can anything be done about this?

Thank you

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7