× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors
0 Kudos

Automatic canal selection not working

Hi,

I am using 2 access points from NETGEAR into my house. A WAX615 for my cellar and a WAX630E for my house.

I also have an access point for my garage which is included into my internet box which is a freebox delta.

These 3 access points have different SSIDs.

Since the beginning I have problems with my WAX630E because connection are unstable and my cell phone is always loosing the internet connection. I also have some cameras for my home alarm (SOMY indoor and outdoor cameras) which are not working.

SOMFY help me with a remote diagnostic and conclude with a very bad internet connection. The camera which was not working is connected onto the WAX630E access pojnt.

I have tried many options in the access point without any succes and finally I have changed the canal from auto to manual and everything has worked again into my house.

I do not understand why so an expansive access point is not able to select the proper canal for WiFI when the internet box from FREE can do this quite easy as it is the only access point that worked all the time.

Can you please check and upgrade the firmware so the access point can select automatically the best canal for the WiFi networks ?

I am constantly upgrading the firmware but the probelm has never been solved.

Regards.

1 Comment
schumaku
Guru

Making use of Insight, and have the Instant WiFi with the Automatic Channel Allocation enabled, and scheduled for a regular run?

Wireless -> Instant Wifi 8-)