× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GC510P shows disconnected but is working

Lsands
Tutor

GC510P shows disconnected but is working

Symptom: Insight shows 4 of my 6 switches as disconnected, but they are working fine.

I have 6 GC510P switches at a location. When looking at the switches, they all show they are connected to the Internet (blue light is on). They are all functioning properly (various cameras and access points on separate vlans all work). When I use Insight to look at the switches, 4 of them show "device is disconnected"; it's been this way for over a week. They got out of sync when I upgraded the firmware.

In the past, they only way I could get Insight insync with the switches is to manually reboot each switch. 

The location is connected to the network using an airbridge. I don't know if this impacts something.

Any ideas on why the hardware isn't in sync with Insight?

TIA, Louis

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GC510P shows disconnected but is working

The switches try to establish a cloud session -to- the Insight infrastructure.

Anything changed in the data path prohibiting the switch LAN IP addresses to reach the Internet?

Message 2 of 3
Lsands
Tutor

Re: GC510P shows disconnected but is working

Thanks for your reply.

The path was interrupted when I updated the firmware on another switch. That switch connected the network to Internet. Once the pathway is restored, I expected the switch to talk with Insight. What I find crazy is that the blue light on the switch is lit. That indicates there is a connection to the Internet. The only way I have found to get these devices to appear connected in Insight is to power cycle them, and that doesn't always work. Clearly Netgear has a software bug.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements