× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GC752X - Insight alerts, multiple times per day, false reporting

Jcjdkr
Aspirant

GC752X - Insight alerts, multiple times per day, false reporting

I continually receive emails telling me that the switch is offline (when it's not) and then when it supposedly comes back online.... 

Like this: The following device resumed communication with the NETGEAR Insight cloud service at approximately 21-Sep-2023 11:18

What can I do to fix this? 

This happens repeatedly some days, and then we'll go for weeks without any issue. 

Very annoying 

Message 1 of 11
ORIBI
Tutor

Re: GC752X - Insight alerts, multiple times per day, false reporting

Were you able to fix this? 

Message 2 of 11
Jcjdkr
Aspirant

Nope.... Currently in the in-between period where it indicates it's been online for the past 2 weeks 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 3 of 11
schumaku
Guru

Something Netgear Insight engineering must look into. Please file a ticket via my.netgear.com please, include a link to this thread here.

Message 4 of 11
ORIBI
Tutor

I created a ticket.

Message 5 of 11
Jcjdkr
Aspirant

Conveniently, the support has run out on the product and I am unable to create a ticket outside of using this forum community 😒

I guess we wait and see with the ticket ORIBI submitted 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 6 of 11
schumaku
Guru

Potential reasons for loosing successfully established TCP sessions are NAT routers and security appliances running low in ressources, and son garbage collection is ongoing to free up ...

Tell us what router you have deployed in front of the Insight managed device(s).

Message 7 of 11
ORIBI
Tutor

There is a Draytek router in front of the switch.

Note that I have 22 other Netgear devices (mostly switches) in the same network which are still working without problems and that this switch has only recently started to behave this way. It has been working without issues for the past 2 years.

Message 8 of 11
Jcjdkr
Aspirant

In this particular deployment, there is a Watchguard Firebox T20 in front of the Netgear switch.

Message 9 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@Jcjdkr wrote:

In this particular deployment, there is a Watchguard Firebox T20 in front of the Netgear switch.

Challenge Watchgurd support why some of their devices tend to close correctly established, working, active connections virtually out of the blue. We had a case not so long ago, finding Watchguard closing such (similar!) sessions every hour. 

Does this explain why I'm pointing to any kind of random NAT router, security appliances, and many more? 

Message 10 of 11
ErwinL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @Jcjdkr

Were you able to get feedback from Watchguard support about your case? Was your questions addressed here? In this case could you give us feedback on the situation and accept the posts here as a solution to make it more visible to other users?

Thanks in advance!

Have lovely day,
Erwin
Netgear Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements