Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Heartbeat Check Ins

matherton
Aspirant

Netgear Heartbeat Check Ins

I have a question I'm having a hard time answering.  I've found a few posts here about this issue, but nothing that can be really done about it.  

I have a lot of cloud managed access points through Insights.  Most of the time they work without issue.  Over the past month or so I've been trying to figure out what's going on with a few of our APs.  I'll receive emails, sometimes over 200 a day, stating that my AP has lost communication with the Netgear Insight cloud service.  I've narrowed this issue down to the heartbeat timeout.  I'm wondering if there's a way to increase this timeout, or do I just have to deal with the almost constant emails.  There is a lot in this environment that makes these APs have a longer route to the internet.  They are going through a firewall, multiple switches, and PtP connections to communicate with Netgear services.

One thing I've found is changing DNS to something like 8.8.8.8.  I'll be performing that step as soon as I can get to it.

Any insight or help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements