× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EDA500 Drive Dray Replacement Part Number

McRob1
Luminary

EDA500 Drive Dray Replacement Part Number

I am looking for a replacement standard drive tray for my EDA500.  This tray is a standard toolless tray used on many of the newer NAS devices.

One of my existing trays plastic latch that closes and locks the tray in place has broken, so I need to find a replacement tray.

I have not been successfull at finding a replacement tray Part number or anyone that sells it.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

The EDA500 shipped with the same caddies as the earliest OS6 models.  The chassis is identical to the 316, 516, and 716.  They did not accept the "alternative hole pattern" now used by some larger drives.  But the new ones that do support that configuration fit fine in an EDA500 (and all other desktop OS6 native NAS).  So whichever you get, you should be fine.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
McRob1
Luminary

Re: EDA500 Drive Tray Replacement Part Number

Corrected Subject

Message 2 of 10
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@McRob1

Have you tried contacting Support to purchase it? Part code should be 290-10217-01.

The tray for EDA500 should be the same with other RN100/RN300/RN500 series NAS.

HTH

Message 3 of 10
McRob1
Luminary

The part number you gave me 290-10217-01 is not available anywhere.  I did a google search and it is not found.

I am not sure how to contact support without paying the annual service fee but I have no other options.

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
Sandshark
Sensei

The plastic inserts are just a convenience.  And one for which I don't really understand the usefulness, since one does not swap out drives very often.  Just use the provided screws to hold the drive.  If you lost them, screws for SuperMicro servers with 3.5" drives work well and can be purchased on Amazon.

The EDA500 also comes with a "spare" caddy, since it uses the same chassis as a 316, 516, and 716 but can only accept 5 drives.

Message 5 of 10
McRob1
Luminary

The plastic insert is not what broke.  The plastic closing latch is what broke.  I have installed drives using screws many times and that is not the issue.  I can no longer lock the drive in place since the closing latch will not lock closed.

I did attempt to get support this morning to get a replacment drive tray.  I have attached the note that I got after I created a case number.  It basically says I needed to pay for support since my 90 day complementary support had ended, even though my 5 year warranty was still valid on the EDA500.  It says I that I had 24 hours to contact support or my case number would expire.  There was no phone number listed to call for warranty support.

I did receive multiple emails later that reminded me to call immediately or my support case would expire.  These actually had a phone number to call.

I was able to finally get ahold of a support person and he said that I should receive a replacement tray sometime in the future.

What a system.

Message 6 of 10
Sandshark
Sensei

OK, that.  I have compared older caddies to newer ones and do see that that portion is quite a bit thinner on the newest ones.  I also had one break there, but I found the broken off piece and epoxied it back on,  It works just fine if you fully fill in the gap in the middle, you just have to leave the outside free of anything, especially the lip at the bottom.

Message 7 of 10
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@McRob1

Apologies, the part number might not be available to be purchased separately. I'll try to check how we will be able to help..Kindly PM me your details for contact.

Message 8 of 10
McRob1
Luminary

@Marc_V 

I finally did get ahold of support and they did find the EDA500 Replacement Disk Tray part number that according to the User Manual is a unique configuration compared to other NAS devices.  They have shipped me a replacement tray that I hope will fit.  I will see when it arrives.

Thanks for your efforts.

Message 9 of 10
Sandshark
Sensei

The EDA500 shipped with the same caddies as the earliest OS6 models.  The chassis is identical to the 316, 516, and 716.  They did not accept the "alternative hole pattern" now used by some larger drives.  But the new ones that do support that configuration fit fine in an EDA500 (and all other desktop OS6 native NAS).  So whichever you get, you should be fine.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements