× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 Initial Setup on Windows and Mac device offline

SFGiants21256
Follower

RN102 Initial Setup on Windows and Mac device offline

Hello All,

So you know, I'm very new with this system and setup as it is my first time using this type of storage device.  My end goal is to link my windows computer, mac, and TV to the RN102.  I'm using it as a movie storage device.  

I did the initial setup on my windows computer and I could only get it to work if I went to the ReadyCLOUD website.  I couldn't login to the device directly.  I'm trying to set it up on the Mac but the device is staying offline.  I've tried holding the backup button for 5 seconds and retried the discovery.  I also changed all the ports I connect the device to the router.  

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.  I moved to Europe and by the time I was able to get the required power figured out the support from netgear ended.  

Message 1 of 2
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN102 Initial Setup on Windows and Mac device offline

Hi SFGiants21256,

Welcome to the community!

Here are the things that you can try to discover and setup your ReadyNAS system.

1. Direct connection

2. Boot up the system without drives 

3. Perform a factory reset (I suppose these drives are new? In case they're not, this procedure is recommended).

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements