× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready NAS 104 Corrupting files while copying. Teracopy confirms it.

gvan
Aspirant

Ready NAS 104 Corrupting files while copying. Teracopy confirms it.

I copied almost 3 TB of video files to the readyNAS with no problems. It's set up as JBOD currently. 4TB drive, 2TB drive (unused, I think) and a 1.5 TB drive. These all work fine. I copied them using the backup program from USB and over the network.

If I copy a single file to or from the ReadyNAS to my PC over the network, the file won't play.  I popped open Teracopy and sure enough the checksums are different.

I see forum posts of this happening many firmware revisions ago, but nothing recent.  Any ideas?

Gvan

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

That firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 3
gvan
Aspirant

Sorry. I forgot to put that.  I'm running 6.4.0 which is the latest I can find save the beta.

I did notice something.  The size of the data volume (data2 is brand new and empty right now) is off.  At one time, I think I had 2 disks in that volume and then started it over with one disk. 

Tonight I plan to attempt a backup of a few files from data to data2.  if it works, I'll back everything up and start it all over.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements