× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas 102 , in 2023 ,I can’t find the software online , it says it’s corrupt

DeadReckoning
Follower

ReadyNas 102 , in 2023 ,I can’t find the software online , it says it’s corrupt

Are there trouble shoot videos ,does net gear still support ReadyNas 102 ,can someone send me a link to download the original software please
Message 1 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas 102 , in 2023 ,I can’t find the software online , it says it’s corrupt

What software are you looking for?  The ReadyNAS is a network storage device and needs no software to access it.

If you were previously using ReadyCloud, it has been discontinued.

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@DeadReckoning wrote:
Are there trouble shoot videos ,

Not aware of many. What problem you have with your RN102?

@DeadReckoning wrote:
does net gear still support ReadyNas 102

To my knowledge, there is no more Netgear support for these EoL devices.

@DeadReckoning wrote:
can someone send me a link to download the original software please

Start here, this s the official resource: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rn102#download 

No idea what other software you are behind.

Message 3 of 8
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @DeadReckoning ,

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

Are you looking for a firmware update? Please tell me what kind of software you are looking for. So that it will be easy for us to provide the required info.

@DeadReckoning wrote:
does net gear still support ReadyNas 102

Yes, we do support this model. But if all your warranty has been expired, we cannot support you but still we will support you in the community forum. Also, we will provide you paid data recovery services despite of your warranty.

Have a lovely day, 

Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 4 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@AnishaA wrote:

Also, we will provide you paid data recovery services despite of your warranty.

I am puzzled by this statement, because several posters in recent months have tried to get the paid data recovery service and were unable to get any response from Netgear when they asked for it.

Message 5 of 8
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @StephenB ,

The customer can open a support ticket and we will provide paid data recovery services. 

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 6 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@AnishaA wrote:

The customer can open a support ticket . 

Actually they tell me that they can't do that.  Opening a ticket on support.netgear.com requires a support contract - which is not available for any ReadyNAS, since they are all EoL. They also frequently try emailing support, and get no response.  Some have requested mods to escalate (including you), but that didn't lead to any followup by Netgear. Eventually they just give up on Netgear.

Over the last 6-12 months I have personally gotten a lot of PMs asking for my help from folks dealing with inactive or failed volumes.  In the past, I've often suggested the data recovery service, but I've stopped doing that since no one seems able to actually get it.

If there is a pathway to reliably secure the data recovery service, it would be good to document the specific steps required in this article:

And maybe someone from Netgear should actually try those steps (pretending they are a customer).

Message 7 of 8
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello,

We are working on the data recovery case for the paid services also. We are not sure what is the gap for the customer to reach the support for data recovery.

Also, they can also hire professionals to recover the data if the data is very crucial. 

Data recovery may differ from case to case according to the issue. So it would be better to reach the support or hire a professional. 

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements