× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VOLUME data RAID 5 INACTIVE

Stephen_M
Aspirant

VOLUME data RAID 5 INACTIVE

Hi

My Storage went on an autosync mode and by the end of it i found out the same went to an inactive mode. Can anyone help me with a solution with proper process to fix this on my own. I hope there is so i can work on this the whole weekend if i have to in order for me to have my data on monday morning somehow.

Thanks I advance to anyone who can help me fix this.

Best regards

Stephen!

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 1 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VOLUME data RAID 5 INACTIVE

Hi Stephen_M,

Do you have a backup of your data? If you have a backup, you can reset the NAS to factory default and restore it from backup.

If you do not have a backup, it will be best for you to contact the NETGEAR support team so they can check if the volume can still be re-mounted or if data recovery is needed (https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service). You may log in to the myNETGEAR portal, then open a support ticket there.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Stephen_M,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Stephen_M
Aspirant

unfortunately i dont have the back up and this is the only NAS storage i have available which i use for work from home.

So still struggling for a solution for this.

@JohnCM_S wrote:

Hi Stephen_M,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

ing to get a fix for this

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 4 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Stephen_M,

It will be best if you get in touch with the support team so they can check if the volume can still be re-mounted or if data recovery is needed (https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service). You may open a support ticket by logging in to the myNETGEAR portal. 

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements