× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Management Service is Offline #26109847

Delboy57
Follower

Management Service is Offline #26109847

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to NAS boxes, recently bought a RN102 and had it setup and working with the default folder setup, the host name is EARTH.

However I had a power cut today, and could not access the Admin page or the \\Earth shares afterwards, the Power LED was blinking slowly and the Activity LED is also blinking.  Nothing showed up on RAIDar, so I powered it off and pressed the reset button while pressing the power button, all the LED's lit, so pressed the Backup button until the disk2 LED was lit (for OS Reinstall) this enabled RAIDar to find the unit, but it shows as 'Management Service is Offline'.

I can ping the unit, but cannot access the admin page, trying \\Earth brings up an explorer window but shows no folders, and the LED lights are the same ie. slowly blinking power LED and some blinking on Activity LED.

ReadyNAS OS is 6.4.0

Can anyone offer some advice as I really don't want to Factory Reset it and lose the data on the drive?

Regards

Delboy57

Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Management Service is Offline #26109847

Hi Delboy57,

This description would suggest that the problem is one we would have needed to look into remotely.

I see you have a case and have had support review it.

Unfortunately as you have done a factory reset there is nothing we can do now.

I would strongly urge users to backup as there are problems such as multiple disk failures, fire, flood, theft etc. that can happen. If you value data it should always be stored on multiple devices.

In this case we expect that data loss most likely could have been avoided but now that the disks have been wiped we will never know.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements