× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud for windows XP

tralsi
Aspirant

ReadyCloud for windows XP

Dear All !

I have a small workgroup & new two bay RN10200 Ready NAS.

I have two machines having windows XP running onto it. \

I have downloaded the windows APP from readycloud.netgear.com which unfortunately doesnot support windows XP.  Can someone shareme the link to install ready cloud client on Windows XP PC and if it is not available what is it's alternative ?

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyCloud for windows XP

@tralsi wrote:

I have downloaded the windows APP from readycloud.netgear.com which unfortunately does not support windows XP.  Can someone shareme the link to install ready cloud client on Windows XP PC and if it is not available what is it's alternative ?

There is no XP version, and of course XP is no longer supported by Microsoft so there isn't much incentive for Netgear to add it.

You can access the NAS remotely w/o ReadyCloud - perhaps you can tell us more how you want to access the NAS.

Message 2 of 4
tralsi
Aspirant

HI Stephen !

Basically I want continuous back of a few folders from my 3 of the windows XP PC to ready NAS.

(1) So as soon as a new file is created or an existing file is modified on these pc's folder(s), it should be backed up on the NAS automatically.

(2) Can I have some mechanism by whcih I can restore a file which is edited two day's ago.

i.e. let's say there is an excel file. i have edited today & is backed up on NAS.

the next day I open the file edit in the same file & it laso gets backup on NAS

now is there a posiibility (even using third party tool) that I can recover the file whcih was edited on the first day ?

Your answer would be helpful to me.

Regards..

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

You'll need a third-party backup tool on the XP system which supports a network folder destination.  The built-in backup on the NAS doesn't support continuous backup.

I haven't used XP for years, so I have no advice on suitable tools that still support XP.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements