Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: MB8600 (with link agg) & X10 R9000 (with link agg), Asrock motherboard with 2 Intel R Pro LA

ticork
Tutor

MB8600 (with link agg) & X10 R9000 (with link agg), Asrock motherboard with 2 Intel R Pro LAN ports

So I have the

Motorola MB8600 Docsis 3.1   with 4 ethernet ports for link agg
R9000 X10 obviously with link agg support
and an Asrock Z270 Gaming K6 motherboard  --    with 2 Intel(R) Pro NICs
ISP - Comcast Gigabit

Can I use ..... link agg / NIC teaming / bonding    to get the most efficient connection?

There has to be something special I can do with this equipment to hit full gig speed.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: MB8600 (with link agg) & X10 R9000 (with link agg), Asrock motherboard with 2 Intel R Pro LA

Is your Internet service faster than 1 Gig?  If not, then there's no point using link aggregation on the modem.  Besides, the R9000 doesn't support link aggregation to the WAN.

You could connect both of the ASRock's Ethernet ports to the R9000 and bond them together, but it's really only going to be used when communicating with two other computers on the LAN.  Moreover, you will need to use Linux or Windows Home Server to use link aggregation.  Neither Windows Home nor Pro support link aggregation (Microsoft calls it NIC Teaming).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Is your Internet service faster than 1 Gig?  If not, then there's no point using link aggregation on the modem.  Besides, the R9000 doesn't support link aggregation to the WAN.

You could connect both of the ASRock's Ethernet ports to the R9000 and bond them together, but it's really only going to be used when communicating with two other computers on the LAN.  Moreover, you will need to use Linux or Windows Home Server to use link aggregation.  Neither Windows Home nor Pro support link aggregation (Microsoft calls it NIC Teaming).

Message 2 of 3
ticork
Tutor

Thanks, I have found this info. Maybe I will try NIC teaming.

Enable NIC Teaming in Windows® 10 Using PowerShell*
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021723/network-and-i-o.html

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7