Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7800 not showing my WiFi

JesseFlo
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7800 not showing my WiFi

My WiFi network is not showing up and i cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried rebooting the router and i checked that i have the latest firmware. It still does not show up when i search for it.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7800 not showing my WiFi

@JesseFlo wrote:
My WiFi network is not showing up and i cannot connect to the internet. I’ve tried rebooting the router and i checked that i have the latest firmware. It still does not show up when i search for it.

What about the LED indicators on the front panel?  The second one in from the right is for Wi-Fi on/off.  Is this one illuminated or not?  Farther towards to the left there are indicators labeled 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.  Are they illuminated?

The Wi-Fi on/off indicator is a combination indicator/switch.  If it was accidentally turned off, you would not be broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal.  Push and hold for a few seconds to turn off or on.  Rebooting the router does not turn on Wi-Fi if it has been manually turned off via the combination indicator/switch.

Also when you are logged in to the user interface, it is possible to turn off the Wi-Fi radios from there.  There is one checkbox for the 2.4 GHz and one checkbox for the 5 GHz.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@JesseFlo wrote:

What about the LED indicators on the front panel?  The second one in from the right is for Wi-Fi on/off.  Is this one illuminated or not?  Farther towards to the left there are indicators labeled 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.  Are they illuminated?

The Wi-Fi on/off indicator is a combination indicator/switch.  If it was accidentally turned off, you would not be broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal.  Push and hold for a few seconds to turn off or on.  Rebooting the router does not turn on Wi-Fi if it has been manually turned off via the combination indicator/switch.

Also when you are logged in to the user interface, it is possible to turn off the Wi-Fi radios from there.  There is one checkbox for the 2.4 GHz and one checkbox for the 5 GHz.

Message 2 of 4
JesseFlo
Aspirant

Thank you. I must have turned off the WiFi via the button. I didn’t notice because i had the lights turned off. Once i turned them on it was clear to see that it was turned off.
Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

Glad you got it sorted out.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements