× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RS700 GUI whitescreens/404s after a period of uptime

bobbyp
Tutor

RS700 GUI whitescreens/404s after a period of uptime

Had the RS700 installed for a couple of days now, and twice I've encountered a frustrating issue whereby the GUI will prompt me for admin authentication (which is accepted) but then either whitescreen or return a 404 error (see attached).

When in this state, it also prevents discovery of the router when using the Nighthawk app, which also fails to establish a local connection to the device.

It does not recover, and the only way for me to restore access seems to be a powercycle.

Is this an acknowledged issue/does anybody know why it's happening?

It is not a caching/browser issue as the problem occurs across myriad devices, browsers and operating systems and clearing the browser's cache etc. does not make any difference.

Message 1 of 6
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Yes, we noticed that the Web GUI could become inaccessible in some cases; the app does not work in that case either.

We will have a release candidate with the fix in the coming week, I can PM you when the release candidate is available.

Message 2 of 6
bobbyp
Tutor

@BH-C, that would be appreciated. Happy to try out the release candidate.
Message 3 of 6

Adding to this: web gui is slow, at least on Safari. Home page after login takes about 10 seconds to load. 

Advanced > Security > Access Control is 20+ seconds. It would often request re-authentication too.

When making changes and clicking Save / Apply, at times there is no reaction for prolonged time.

Message 4 of 6
BH-C
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @bobbyp , I've PM you the link for a firmware release canddiate that fixes the issue. Please give it a try.

Hi @autoexec_bat , I don't know if this release candidate also addresses the slow response issue, we will check it.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
bobbyp
Tutor

@BH-C - thanks.

I've installed the firmware, however I know seem to have lost the 6GHz interfaces completely.

I've PM'd you some further detail.

Edit: a powercycle seems to have sorted it. Will keep an eye out for the whitescreen issue and let you know how I get on...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7