Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi srr60 registered to another user

Jb702
Aspirant

Orbi srr60 registered to another user

Hello I recently purchased a used SRR60 and at first worked great but now connection drops repeatedly. Trying to fix it using the insight app I tried registering device and it was already registered to the previous owner. I messaged him and he no longer has access to the account nor does he remember any details. I emailed CS but have not heard back in almost two weeks and hoping I can find resolution here.
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Orbi srr60 registered to another user

The product registration does only serve for warranty purposes - this is obsolete for second hand devices.

If required, and don't mind the Insight costs, you could register the device on Netgear Insight anyway.

Message 2 of 5
Jb702
Aspirant

My issue is I’m unable to login onto orbilogin.com or default gateway 192.168.0.1
I am able to connect to the Orbi wifi, but then a few mins later it loses internet connection. I’m unsure if having access to insight will help but other than that I have no access to Orbi settings to setup properly if I made any sense
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

192.168.1.1 doesn't work from a wire connected PC with the SRR? 

Try a different browser, MS Edge or Firefox? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches. 

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Just one SRR60 (a single router), or a complete SRR60 plus one or multiple SRS60 satellites?

Have a computer with an Ethernet (LAN) port available?

@Jb702 wrote:
My issue is I’m unable to login onto orbilogin.com or default gateway 192.168.0.1
I am able to connect to the Orbi wifi, but then a few mins later it loses internet connection.

Connect a wireless client to the SSID (the wireless network name) you have configured initially on your OrbiPro system.

Then check the IP address assigned to this computer. On either Windows or Apple MacOS, open a shell (cmd), and type

ipconfig [enter]

@Jb702 wrote:
I’m unsure if having access to insight will help but other than that I have no access to Orbi settings to setup properly if I made any sense

Insight can be used only if you know having an ongoing, valid Insight subscription. To login, head to https.//insight.netgear.com/ and login with your known Insight username, which is the e-mail address you subscribed insight to.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements