Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Strange WiFi SSID behaviour in Orbi Pro SXK50

banoguez
Aspirant

Strange WiFi SSID behaviour in Orbi Pro SXK50

Hello everyone,

Im currently running 1 SXR50 (router)  and 4 SXS50 (Satellites) at home. Everything had been working well for the last 8 months or so, just today I noticed that for some reason there was a second wifi with the same name as my primary wifi but without any password. I found this strange and though maybe it was someone malicious attempting to steal info.

I started to do some tests and scans only to find out after checking multiple times that this second WiFI SSID with the same name as my primary one but without password was coming from one of my SXS50 Satellites. To further test this theory I proceeded to reboot it and as predicted the WiFi went away while the device rebooted. To put this matter to rest I unplugged such Satellite and the WiFi is gone for now.

Has anyone faced this? Is there any workaround short of I guess setting the SXS50 satellite back to factory setting and reconfiguring? 

Im running latest available firmware for the model which is V4.3.2.100 and Im using WPA2-Personal [AES] + WPA3-Personal for security. 

Any hints or ideas would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

I would try the factory reset and re-pair.

Message 2 of 3
banoguez
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements