× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS305EP not connecting

jcahow
Follower

GS305EP not connecting

Picked up a used GS305EP switch off eBay and it does not seem to be working correctly.

It does power up (green power LED) and it will power an IP camera on ports 1-4 (green right LED).

It does NOT show any activity LEDS active on any ports when connected to another switch, computer or camera and is not located with the Netgear switch discovery tool.

I tried resetting the switch multiple times and sometimes the port 3 Left LED comes on Orange (no other LEDS light) which goes away after resetting the power.

Since it is not connecting to anything I cannot access the internal web page or use any of the POE powered cameras.

Any ideas how to fix this or is it toast?

Message 1 of 3
NerdBit
Aspirant

Re: GS305EP not connecting

Just a thought maybe?

You stated it does send power to the camera.

Do the power and activity leds both light up to that specific port?

If yes, maybe connect an ethernet cable to the same port and to your laptop/pc and give the ethernet adaptor a manual IP within the same network of what would be the switch's default IP address. Possibly a tiny label on the underside of the switch.

Then open a browser, and try to access the switch with that IP.

Let me know, how you get on.

Cheers

Kanwal

Message 2 of 3
ReneD
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS305EP not connecting

Hello @jcahow,

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

You can try updating your firmware and resetting the device to factory default and see if the switch will function properly. If not, then the switch may potentially be faulty and needs a replacement. However, we only replace products that are purchased from our authorized reseller, and purchased brand new.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/gs305ep#download

Have a lovely day,
Rene D
Netgear Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements