× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Timer Schedule Issue GS752TPP Smart Switch

Partime
Aspirant

Timer Schedule Issue GS752TPP Smart Switch

GS752TPP / Boot vs.-1.0.0.5 / Firmware vs.-6.0.10.14

I purchased this switch for the POE capabilities for POE phones and AP's.  We had issues with the phones, not switch related, so I setup a timer schedule to turn off the POE for 2-min and then back on those phone ports, essentially power cycling them.  The switch turns the POE off and back on but the timer schedule will not recognize the 24-hour format.  I selected 05:00 for 5:00am and the switch turns the power off at 5:00pm.  When I select 17:00 for 5:00pm it turns off at 5:00pm.  So, none of the am 24-hour format seems to work, it will only function as pm hours no matter how I input the time.  The POE does turn back on after 2-min as set so the actual function seems to be working, just the am - pm format does not.  Other than this issue the switch work perfectly.

If this is the wrong thread, my apologizes.  I could not find a thread that included smart switch, only this one and managed switches.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Message 1 of 5
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Timer Schedule Issue GS752TPP Smart Switch

@Partime,

Welcome to the community!

Just to confirm, are you configuring the PoE timer schedule on NETGEAR Insight or on the admin page of the switch itself?

If you're configuring it on the admin page of the switch, could you attach a photo showing the configuration of the PoE time schedule?

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Partime
Aspirant

Jerald -

I do use the web browser interface on the switch itself.  The attached picture is the time scheduler setup page you requested.  The time that you see activates at 5:00pm and as I said before, if I change it to 17:00 it still and only activates at 5:00am.  The start date is not when i first set this up, it is just the last time I reworked it trying to make it work correctly.  It has worked this way for several years and through several firmware revisions.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 3 of 5
Partime
Aspirant

I need to correct my last reply.  "if I change it to 17:00 it still and only activates at 5:00am" is incorrect.  I meant to state "if I change it to 17:00 it still and only activates at 5:00pm” which would be correct but (05:00) or (17:00) only triggers at (5:00pm).  I have tried other time values just to see if they would work correctly.  I have tested (10:00) and it works correctly so I assume (10:00 to 23:59) works correctly too, I know (17:00) does.  I have not tested (00:00 to 00:59) but I have tested (05:00 to 09:00) values and they are recognized as (PM) not (AM).  So it seems any time value starting with a (0) gets recognized as a (PM) value.

Thanks,

Jason

Message 4 of 5
Partime
Aspirant

I have not heard back from anyone with any answers one way or another.  Do I just need to call tech support to find out why my time scheduler is not functioning correctly?

Thanks,

Jason

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements