uffgnu14
Luminary

ReadyCLOUD not connecting

ReadyNAS Ultra2 Plus
RN OS 6.4.1-RC3
ReadyCLOUD 1.8.1220.372 for Windows
Windows 10 Home

Hi

Can not connect with ReadyCLOUD Windows client over cellular network.
Tested with phone connected to PC and USB-share.
Signing in/out to Netgear server seems to work but always stopping at endless "Connecting...".

Connected fine if using web "readycloud.netgear.com".
Can not test from other network over Internet but I assume the result will be the same.
I also disabled firewall but with no success.

Regards,
Ulf
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
uffgnu14
Luminary

Re: ReadyCLOUD not connecting

Hi

I did some tests with a fresh install of ReadyCLOUD on my laptop with Windows 10.
This time I managed to get connected over cellular network. Maybe I waited a bit longer and finally
got "Connected(VPN)". Time to connect is guite long, varies between 1-2 minutes and sometimes never within 3 minutes.

Regards,
Ulf

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi uffgnu14,

Does this happen too if you will access your files through the ReadyCLOUD portal page?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Was this working prior to installing a recent update? If so, which updates have you installed recently on your devices?

Message 3 of 12
uffgnu14
Luminary

Hi

I can access files through ReadyCLOUD portal page.
Once again tested with desktop client and get the spinning "Connecting...".

About a year ago I used ReadyCLOUD with an early OS6 release. I then connected with desktop client over 
a friends WIFI-network and got my files. I also could login to the "admin" account. 

Regards,
Ulf
Message 4 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello uffgnu14,

As I understand, you are not able to get in using the ReadyCloud desktop client on a cellular network, correct me if I'm wrong, please. If that is correct, are you able to login to ReadyCloud and access your files when the computer is connected to the same network where the NAS is?

Regards,

Message 5 of 12
uffgnu14
Luminary

Hi

Problem is with desktop client outside my home NAS-network (tested with cellular network).
When on my home network with Internet access all is working fine. Desktop client connects fast and
is notified with "Connected(Local)".  

Regards,
Ulf
Message 6 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello uffgnu14,

How about connecting to other normal network (not cellular) like hotspot in a coffee shop?

Regards,

Message 7 of 12
uffgnu14
Luminary

Hi

Yes, I would like to do that also but I don't have the ability in the near future.

Regards,
Ulf
Message 8 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello uffgnu14,

You may need to check on that because cellular networks may also have restrictions/firewall that may block some activities.

You can also try adding a friend who can possibly connect to a normal network setup to access one of the shares via ReadyCloud.

Regards,

Message 9 of 12
uffgnu14
Luminary

Hi

Just wiped the dust of my old laptop with Windows 7 and connected it to my cellular network over phones USB-share.
All worked fine, "Connected(VPN)", files could be accessed as the "admin" account.
Some incompatibilities between Windows 10 and ReadyCLOUD?

Regards,
Ulf
Message 10 of 12
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello uffgnu14,

Probably something else's blocking it. Have you tried uninstalling the desktop client then reboot then reinstall?

Regards,

Message 11 of 12
uffgnu14
Luminary

Hi

I did some tests with a fresh install of ReadyCLOUD on my laptop with Windows 10.
This time I managed to get connected over cellular network. Maybe I waited a bit longer and finally
got "Connected(VPN)". Time to connect is guite long, varies between 1-2 minutes and sometimes never within 3 minutes.

Regards,
Ulf
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements