× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't locate scheduling after 6.4.1-RC3 upgrade.

hikaricore
Aspirant

Can't locate scheduling after 6.4.1-RC3 upgrade.

So maybe I'm losing my freaking mind, but I'm pretty sure the option to schedule: disk scans, balances, scrubs, etc used to be under System and Settings.  After the upgrade to 6.4.1-RC3 I am unable to find this at all no matter which web browser I connect to my NAS from.  Before the upgrade I had hastily scheduled a disk scan which is now happening every single day and I need to turn it off.  Any insight would be appreciated.  I have shell access so I can manually edit files if needed.  Checked cron already but that's not where these are kept.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We don't use cron for these as you have already noticed.

The volume schedule have been moved under System > Volumes. Click on the settings wheel for the volume and you will see a Volume Schedule button.

Now whether you want to run a one-off volume maintenance task or schedule one you can do it under System > Volumes in the UI. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We don't use cron for these as you have already noticed.

The volume schedule have been moved under System > Volumes. Click on the settings wheel for the volume and you will see a Volume Schedule button.

Now whether you want to run a one-off volume maintenance task or schedule one you can do it under System > Volumes in the UI. 

Message 2 of 5
hikaricore
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I must have missed this in the patch notes.  XD

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We don't mention everything in the release notes, just the key changes (which can be quite subjective). Otherwise the Release Notes would get way too long particularly for major updates such as 6.4.0.

Message 4 of 5
hikaricore
Aspirant

This is such a major interface change for the specific feature of scheduling that if it has not ever been noted since prior versions, you really should consider doing so.  Literally no one would think to look there having used the old path for so long.  🙂 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements