× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNASOS 6.4.1-RC3 – “Uploaded file is not a ReadyNASOS file” when uploading to RC1

grumbledog
Aspirant

ReadyNASOS 6.4.1-RC3 – “Uploaded file is not a ReadyNASOS file” when uploading to RC1

When downloading the x86_64 link for the RC3, and trying to upload that to my NAS, I get the error “Uploaded file is not a ReadyNASOS file”.

Does anyone know if the link is broken, or if there is an issue with RC1?

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
grumbledog
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.4.1-RC3 – “Uploaded file is not a ReadyNASOS file” when uploading to RC1

@grumbledog wrote:

I have looked into the logs after the last failed upload attempt, and can see nothing in the logs that would indicate a problem at all. Any suggestions on where I should look to diagnose this further?

On a whim, I thought to try a different browser, and from Firefox the upload worked perfectly. My original attempts were from Safari. So it might well be that the upload no longer works from Safari?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNASOS 6.4.1-RC3 – “Uploaded file is not a ReadyNASOS file” when uploading to RC1

How full is the 4GB OS partition on your NAS?

The firmware image is fine.

Message 2 of 7
spiderman1
Guide

I have gotten this error at times with past relases of beta OSes.

To correct the problem, I simply would refresh the UI (browser) afterwhich I would then be prompted with the Reboot dialogue box.

Message 3 of 7
grumbledog
Aspirant

@mdgm wrote:

How full is the 4GB OS partition on your NAS?

machine:~# df -h /

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/md0 4.0G 1.3G 2.6G 33% /

I have looked into the logs after the last failed upload attempt, and can see nothing in the logs that would indicate a problem at all. Any suggestions on where I should look to diagnose this further?

Message 4 of 7
grumbledog
Aspirant

@grumbledog wrote:

On a whim, I thought to try a different browser, and from Firefox the upload worked perfectly. My original attempts were from Safari. So it might well be that the upload no longer works from Safari?

Message 5 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi grumbledog,

What version of Safari did you use?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
grumbledog
Aspirant

@BrianL2 wrote:

What version of Safari did you use?

I use Safari “Version 9.0.1 (11601.2.7.2)” (from the about box)

Cheers,

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements