× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems on RN104 - network services not available

boru70
Aspirant

Problems on RN104 - network services not available

I updated to beta 2 weeks ago. And from there I cannot connect to Admin-Gui or connect via ssh after reboot.

Yesterday I updated to beta and made an OS- reinstall. Also without solving my issues.

RN104 is booting. Then I have 5 minutes connection via ssh and can then connect to admin-gui. After some minutes (around 5) admin gui shows message that box is offline. In brwoser I can see that there is connection but nothing is shown. Also ssh is then no longer possible. It seems that all network services stopped working.

Ping to both network adapters are possible.

Any idea what happens and how i can solve it? Thx in advance!

Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Problems on RN104 - network services not available

After you reboot the NAS can you download the logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig) and send them in?

Message 2 of 10
boru70
Aspirant

I get the session only 1 minute. If I go to logs then there is nothing to download, message: no logs available.

Can I download the logs via ssh session? There I have more time until the connection breaks.

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@boru70 wrote:

I get the session only 1 minute. If I go to logs then there is nothing to download, message: no logs available.

Try RAIDar 6.0, it has a download control that might stay up a bit longer.

Message 4 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Looks like you are running a lot on this system and there is a resync as well.

You could try disabling some services such as the iTunes service, MySQL etc.

Message 5 of 10
boru70
Aspirant

Today I again installed Beta 5. And it's still showing in display that Upgrade is running.

I recognized the following: during the upgrade/boot the disks were working several hours. And during this Raidar could connect to ReadyNas.

But later..totally quiet. Nothing else. And connection breaked down, no more ethernet connection. Raidar has shown version T140. So Beta 5 is installed?

Any ideas what I can do? Thx in advance.

Message 6 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you try Beta 6?

Message 7 of 10
boru70
Aspirant

Beta 6 is installed, but same issues. Nothing changed

Message 8 of 10
JohanProphet
Aspirant

Hello,

Im having somewhat the same issue not just network but my RN104 is freezing about 10 min into boot after upgrading to 6.4.0 Beta 6 from 6.2.5.  I have done an OS reinstall same issue.  My issue is I cannot even get logs before it freezes, is there anyway to either get in and get the logs, or drop services for next boot say through tech support mode?

Thanks,

Message 9 of 10
boru70
Aspirant

It seems it's solved on my RN104. I don't know what TechSupport did but yesterday I tried a connect and I had to do default configuration (password, alerting and so). Since then no further problems.

Virus protection is disabled, possibly that's the reason for problems? I hope I will get feedback what's the reason. Also possible: i had a lot of services enabled. And TechSupport dropped some of them.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements