× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN312 freezing

JabbaNAS
Aspirant

RN312 freezing

I am seeing my RN312 lock up on 6.4.2-T59 (Beta 1)

Files are still accessible over the network, but Dashboard hangs - ie cant be accessed, just has loading page and several apps dont work. Reset gets it going again.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN312 freezing

The logs don't indicate why it locked up.

However your volume is 90% full. You may wish to free up some space to get volume usage back to around 80% and then run some volume maintenance and see if that helps.

You could also try disabling some apps such as Sickrage and see if that helps.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig), preferably downloaded using RAIDar 6.0 after you run into this problem or if that is not possible just after you have rebooted the NAS after a hang.

I have moved your post into a new thread as your issue on a 312 is going to be quite different to the issues some users have experienced on the 100 series.

Message 2 of 5
JabbaNAS
Aspirant

NAS just locked up again, so I have sent logs after rebooting.

I am thinking it might have something to do with the Sickrage app as I was using it before it locked up. Have been running it for a while tho and have only seen this behaviour on the 6.4.2-T59 (Beta 1)

Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The logs don't indicate why it locked up.

However your volume is 90% full. You may wish to free up some space to get volume usage back to around 80% and then run some volume maintenance and see if that helps.

You could also try disabling some apps such as Sickrage and see if that helps.

Message 4 of 5
JabbaNAS
Aspirant

I trimmed back storage to <80% and installed a different distro of Sickrage - havent had a lock up for several days.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements