Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readycloud services unavailable

vandermerwe
Master

Readycloud services unavailable

Two questions actually, I'm trying to set up Readycloud.

Firstly when I toggle on Readycloud in the GUI, "Services unavailable", cannot attach device appears.  I have a myNetgear account which is logged in and I can access the nas remotely using the Readycloud portal and the same MyNetgear credentials.  Why is this error message appearing?

Secondly, it seems adding additional users is not straightforward.  I have granted access to someone, entered their email address, they have received the invitation and successfully created a MyNetgear account.  When this user tries to access the nas remotely they receive a message that they have no registered devices.  I've tried the "Discovery on" function, this allows the user to see the nas (on the LAN), but there is no option to register the device to that MyNetgear account, there is an option to manage which links to the local admin pages.

Message 1 of 27
vandermerwe
Master

Additionally when the invited user tries to register on the portal, during the registration priocess they are told that their MyNetgear account is not linked to a Readycloude account, if they then click on "Confirm without binding" an error message appears saying 

String index out of range: -1

The user then cannot get past this stage

Message 2 of 27
msavard07
Aspirant

I have the same problem with a new RN104 behind a Netgear R7000. All running with latest firmware.

Message 3 of 27
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi msavard07,

On your ReadyNAS cloud tab. Do you have (2) green check marks?

Regards,

Message 4 of 27
vandermerwe
Master

Not sure about msavard, but I dont, one is green, one is red, I would assume msavard is experiencing the same problem?

Message 5 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

Seems this may be porttal related.  My current ReadyNAS2120 has remained connected and authenticated but I can't access it using the desktop client, and I have found the same with an older ReadyNAS Remote connection.  Strange that it isn't showing up anywhere on the Netgear site as an issue though?

Model: RN21241D|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4- Bay
Message 6 of 27
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi vandermerwe,

That would indicate that the ReadyNAS cannot reach our servers.

Might want to setup static DNS on the ReadyNAS (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4).

Regards,

Message 7 of 27
vandermerwe
Master

I already have static dns setup.  

The main readycloud admin user can access the nas using the readycloud portal though, surely this means my nas is connecting to your servers.  I do have a problem with invited users not being able to register and therefore unable to access the nas, but I think that may be a different problem.

Message 8 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

FYI - I spoke with Netgear NAS support earlier. They confirmed that there is indeed a VPN problem of which they are aware. Evidently Leaf Network cards are failing to be issued with IP addresses so all connectivity from Windows desktops is failing. Also attempting to add new account or use forgotten passworx wizard fails with an invalid message for the same reason.

I was told it is high priority to resolve but no indication of expected resolution time.
Message 9 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

Good News!

We noticed that things are back on line, and just received confirmation from Netgear.

I've requested a note of the cause and any action to avoid a repeat performance.
Message 10 of 27
vandermerwe
Master

My readynas dashboard says "Services Unavailable"

The readycloud app on my phone does not connect. 

Not sure it is fixed

Message 11 of 27
mc41
Aspirant

Still same problem here   internet available

X service unavailable

Message 12 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

I have had to reboot a couple of devices to get them on line if it helps. Otherwise, perhaps another issue? If anything crops up here I'll feed back
Message 13 of 27
msavard07
Aspirant

I had to do a factory reset to fix that problem but I still cant add users to the Readycloud shares. Well I can invite them but they cant get pass the merge/link/bind MyNetgear/Readycloud account and still no answer from Netgear in the other thread.

The design is so bad that I receive an invitation to accesss a share each time I remove an account from any of the shares.

Message 14 of 27
bartw
Aspirant

Hi,

having the same issue here on two different systems, different ReadyNAS systems and different internet connections.

Internet available, service not available.

Message 15 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

Sorry all, but I'm no expert here (not even worthy of the "tutor" badge! Checking back I've so far confirmed ReadyNas remote is working. Several live sites to update yet. With luck it's just a case of waiting for all services to refresh and come fully back on line.

No more feedback from Netgear yet either
Message 16 of 27
bartw
Aspirant

Well I can confirm that the NAS-ses I had registrerd are available via ReadyCloud but adding new ones or loging in via the readycloud portal does not work. 

Message 17 of 27
Lpgps01
Tutor

Excellent use, yeap I'm back in too. Thanks for the update G Redynas NV+ and ReadyNAS remote
Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 18 of 27
vandermerwe
Master

Well I am still stuck with "Services unavailable" in the readynas dashboard. No connectivity from clients.
I think is appalling service from Netgear, either provide a service (with the accompanying customer support that is required) or don't provide it at all. Perhaps relegate Readycloud to beta testers until it is reliable, then roll it out to users who will rely on it. If it is unreliable then it shouldn't exist.
The scant information from a few Netgear employees has been distinctly unhelpful.
Message 19 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

It seems our Readycloud is stuck midway through an upgrade to my Netgear, so ironically no connectivity on that one piece of equipment.

Will contact Netgear tomorrow and if poss feedback the resolution.
Message 20 of 27
vandermerwe
Master

Could Netgear please clarify whether the problem with Readycloud servers is fixed or not?  

I am still experiencing the same problem as in my OP.  It is possible that I have a problem that is unrelated to the service outage, and I would like to know if I need to continue to look for an alternative diagnosis, or abandon Readycloud altogether.  

Message 21 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

FYI we contacted Support and they found our Readycloud ACCOUNT had an issue which they resolved for us before we returned to normal functionality. It was done FOC so perhaps it's worth your trying the same?

I hope this helps
Message 22 of 27
vandermerwe
Master

Well I seem to have diagnosed that it is a problem related to my machine.  I have an ultra 6 plus on the same lan as the 316, the ultra 6 plus runs 6.6.1. and readycloud works on this machine , no "Services unavailable" message displayed.

I am fearful that I'm going to have to reset, I'll try OS reinstall first, but I recall a message from mdgm to a user saying that he out a similar issue was related to not having done a factory default for some time, which is the case with my NAS. (6.1.5 was my last reset)

Message 23 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

Don't rest it! Contact Netgear!!
Message 24 of 27
MalcolmT
Apprentice

Following a request to Netgear, they say that in future they will notify outages to registered email addresses in future. Hopefully this will avoid ambiguity and copious wasted time in future.
Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements