× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Plex app un-install borked and un-able to complete un-install #26468902

Jeff_D
Aspirant

Plex app un-install borked and un-able to complete un-install #26468902

Hi, I have a new RN204-00 that I was loading up with apps upon initial setup and after installing Plex (yesterday's then current package) I noted the other Plex app for "RN2xx" models and mistakenly installed that. I then tried to uninstall the std Plex package and it won't ever exit un-install. I next unistalled the 2nd Plex package (for RN2xx) models, which completed successfully.

Now the std Plex package still thinks it's installed and yet it's missing its icon and won't un-install.

I've rebooted the NAS and tried 2 more times, but no luck.

If I gained SSH access, what dir's and files do I need to wipe or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Jeff

Model: RN20400|4BAY Diskless Desktop Readynas Storage
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The RN204 would still be under support warranty. It comes with 90 days support warranty. It is always best to open cases for the correct unit so that the history of problems if there are more than one can be tracked properly as past cases may have relevant information for new ones.

Not sure about the broken JPG icon. I can't get in now to check. That may fix itself or if you reboot the system or possibly install 6.4.2 over the top of itself or do an OS Re-install that definitely should be fixed.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Plex app un-install borked and un-able to complete un-install

The (for RN2xx) app is for the RN212/RN214.

You would need to remove the plex packages e.g. using dpkg.

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your support case for this was opened for your RN104. You haven't yet registered your RN204.

Sent you a PM

Message 3 of 8
Jeff_D
Aspirant

Sorry, I opened the support case before I realized I would likely do better here. The RN104 was already reg'd and the 204 is 3 days old.

Anyways, the logs have been sent on this thread too.

Thanks for the PM, replied to that too.

Message 4 of 8
Jeff_D
Aspirant

I know going in via SSH is considered semi-dangerous for warrantied units, but I would rather learn how to do the dpkg commands (with guidance) than go through support and not know how to fix this.

Could this happen?

thx,J

Message 5 of 8
Jeff_D
Aspirant

I was PM'd that Plex was remotely un-installed for me.

FYI: the Plex app logo/icon no longer shows on my unit. Just a broken JPG icon instead. What's the fix for that?

Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I uninstalled it using

# apt-get purge plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries

It could alternatively have been removed using dpkg.

I then removed the /apps/plexmediaserver directory.

Note you should consider the warning about root SSH when you go to enable it, before clicking "Yes".

Message 7 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The RN204 would still be under support warranty. It comes with 90 days support warranty. It is always best to open cases for the correct unit so that the history of problems if there are more than one can be tracked properly as past cases may have relevant information for new ones.

Not sure about the broken JPG icon. I can't get in now to check. That may fix itself or if you reboot the system or possibly install 6.4.2 over the top of itself or do an OS Re-install that definitely should be fixed.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements