× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re-register Replicate license of factory-defaulted Pro 4

replicant
Aspirant

Re-register Replicate license of factory-defaulted Pro 4

Greetings:

I had to factory-default one of our ReadyNAS Pro 4 units (running 4.2.31 firmware) and reinstalled Replicate 1.2.0, but can‘t get the license to re-register: “Unable to register license: Please check your Network Settings”. I can’t even get it to register a 45-day trial license (same error message). It’s getting those network settings by DHCP and has no problems finding and downloading the Replicate binary, so I figure that’s not really the problem. Might the phase-out of ReadyNAS Remote and Replicate now be affecting the license registrations?

I had problems re-registering Replicate licenses before, but the trial licenses always worked.

Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Re-register Replicate license of factory-defaulted Pro 4

Hi replicant,

You should actually not have to re-register the ReadyNAS Replicate license after factory defaulting the NAS. Can you try assigning a static DNS on the NAS and then try activating the license again?

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi replicant,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
friths
Aspirant

I have the same issue.

When using root access I can ping www.google.nl just fine.

When attempting to register the NAS is see the program Register reaching out to reg.eng.netgear.com over https (using netstat -p).

reg.eng.netgear.com is unreachable

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements