× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 ReadyDLNA / Squeezebox: install but disappear after reboot

paulgor
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Ultra 6 ReadyDLNA / Squeezebox: install but disappear after reboot

Hi, all.

I've had a ReadyNAS Ultra6 working with ReadyDLNA for years but it now only works when I manually upload the ReadyDLNA_1.1.4-x86.bin. When installed, the ReadyDLNA add-on does not show in FrontView's list of add-ons nor in 'Services>Streaming services'. I've not made any changes to the config to trigger this behaviour.

This smells like a repeat of https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/DLNA-Service-not-showing-in-Frontvi... but the file 'FIXDLNANOTSHOWING_1.0-x86.bin' is no longer available.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Paul.

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Ultra 6 ReadyDLNA / Squeezebox: install but disappear after reboot

One option is to convert the NAS to OS-6.  The first step would be to upgrade the amount of RAM to 2 GB or perhaps 4 GB.  This is inexpensive. Converting to OS-6 does require reformatting the drives, so you would need to backup your files first.

Once converted, you could use the OS-6 DLNA service.

I am wondering what squeezebox has to do with your issue though.

Message 2 of 6
paulgor
Aspirant

Cheers, Stephen.

I was wondering whether the issue had something to do with services not starting, hence my mention of Squeezebox.

UPnP is the same - I check the checkbox to start it but when the page refreshed, it doesn't stay checked.

Other issues include new media not being picked up by ReadyDLNA.
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Are you running 4.2.31?

Message 4 of 6
paulgor
Aspirant

Yes. Sorry - should've mentioned that.

I've tried reinstalling it too.
Message 5 of 6
paulgor
Aspirant

Additional complications (no front-panel display) made resetting the ReadyNAS difficult.

Fortunately, the shares were available so, having backed up the data elsewhere, I switched off the NAS box, removed all but one of the drives, switched it back on ran RAIDar.

So doing forced RAIDar to show its ReadyNAS setup dialogue which then let me start from scratch.

Oh, and ReadyDLNA is up-and-running again.   🙂

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements