× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: WAC104 dropping connections disassociated deauthenticated and DHCP issues

TexasMark
Aspirant

WAC104 dropping connections disassociated deauthenticated and DHCP issues

Sort of an old thread, but I think it may be similar to an issue I have been having with my  WAC104.  The first issue (that I noted in another thread) is that the list of connected wireless devices is missing about half of the devices that are actually connected.  I thought I had that issue narrowed down to certain Android devices that were connected, but that issue persists.  The other issue it that with my main router (WNDR4500v2 ) that is the only DHCP server, I seem to be getting IP conflicts.  Note: I too have the WAC104 set with a static IP. The IP conflict  seems to happen with the devices connected to the WAC104.  Not sure what is going on. I know the WAC104 is passing along the DHCP requests, but somehow either the renewal requests or something else is going on that causes the  WNDR4500v2  to reissue the IP to another device while the first device is still connected. 

Question for anyone who is using DHCP on the WAC104.

Lets say my WNDR4500v2 is doling out 192.168.3.100 to 192.168.3.255 with it's DHCP server.  If I switch the WAC104 to use DHCP, what range does the WAC104 dole out, or does switching to DHCP just mean it gets it's own address from the WNDR4500v2 and continues to just pass DHCP requests from it's connected devices to the WNDR4500v2?

Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@TexasMark wrote:

Sort of an old thread, but I think it may be similar to an issue I have been having with my  WAC104.  The first issue (that I noted in another thread) is that the list of connected wireless devices is missing about half of the devices that are actually connected. 

In your old post, you talked about only two Connected Wireless devices becoming listed:

WAC104  V1.0.4.21 four WiFi clients associatd pxld.PNG

My test clients remains associated rock solid, despite of a bunch of 802.11ac, 802.11.ax, and WiFi 7 AP using the similar wireless channels - so massively less than ideal conditions, WAC104 v1.0.4.21. UI looks very similar on the current Chrome, on Edge, on Firefox, and on Opera (all on a up2date Windows 10 system).

@TexasMark wrote:

Question for anyone who is using DHCP on the WAC104.

Lets say my WNDR4500v2 is doling out 192.168.3.100 to 192.168.3.255 with it's DHCP server.  If I switch the WAC104 to use DHCP, what range does the WAC104 dole out, or does switching to DHCP just mean it gets it's own address from the WNDR4500v2 and continues to just pass DHCP requests from it's connected devices to the WNDR4500v2?

Hmmm. Not sure what you re talking about here.

WAC104 UM p.17 does not include a DHCP server.PNG

@TexasMark wrote:

Can't see any indications on the WAC104 current firmware with Web UI (v1.0.4.21), neither in the WAC104 Data Sheet, nor in the WAC104 User Manual for offering a DHCP server service or the like.

This is regardless if letting the LAN DHCP (noting fancy, a MK63 system, with the WAC104 connected to a satellite) assign the WAC104 IP address by DHCP, having a reserved MAC-IP address, or configuring the WAC104 with a static IP config. 

No idea what could cause the issues you mention. Probably there are more routers involved, probably there is a loop on the WAC104 LAN somehow not detected and blocked (no idea if there is such a function....).

The only point I am able to follow you is is the fact that the WAC104 does indeed offer a Web UI control for rebooting/restarting the AP.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 5
TexasMark
Aspirant

I switched to DHCP and it did not help with  it showing the connected devices.

In my other thread, I mentioned only a couple of devices showing as connected. I seemed like if i disconnected the LG Android phones, the other devices would show up.  However, I now have like 10  wireless clients, but the UI will only show 4 wireless devices max (no Android phones connected).  

In my post above, I was asking if the WAC104 may have had it's own DHCP server, but I see it does not.  

@schumaku

You said:

"The only point I am able to follow you is is the fact that the WAC104 does indeed offer a Web UI control for rebooting/restarting the AP."

Are you saying there is a reboot function in the UI? If so, where? I can't find it anywhere.  I'm on V1.0.4.21 

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@TexasMark wrote:

@schumaku 

You said:

"The only point I am able to follow you is is the fact that the WAC104 does indeed offer a Web UI control for rebooting/restarting the AP."

Are you saying there is a reboot function in the UI? If so, where? I can't find it anywhere. 

This should have been typed as "The only point I am able to follow you is is the fact that the WAC104 does indeed -not- offer a Web UI control for rebooting/restarting the AP." ... sorry for the confusion.

Greeting to the Longhorns from the land of Brown Swiss. Appears I have to work again on my TOFEL test  8-)

Message 4 of 5
TexasMark
Aspirant

I think I found the reason for the missing attached wireless devices (sort of).  Just like with those LG cell phones from my other thread, I found one wifi device (an energy monitor) that once it connects, it causes the list of attached devices to de-populate (the devices are still connected though and still work).  So something in the WAC104 just does not like certain wireless devices for whatever reason.  Now I need to see if that device was also somehow causing my IP conflicts. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements