× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear XS508M hangs and recovers after power cycle

xarishark
Follower

Netgear XS508M hangs and recovers after power cycle

I have a client with a 10gbe network with 2  PCs 1 Syno Server and 1 Unraid Server connected the 1GBe networks run runs from an omada switch and both switches are uplinked to an omada router(ER 605). Every about 2 months the switch hangs (the other omada switch I have for gigabit works fine so I know its only the netgear that hangs) and the only way to recover it is to pull the cord to restart. After seconds the network is back up. this is the second time this happens the first time only one port became unresponsive but this time the whole Switched froze. other than that the switch is amazing. 

Also is there on site swap in greece because my client cannot stay more than some hours without his 10gbe network because he ingests over 6 TB of videos per day. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear XS508M hangs and recovers after power cycle

Try the XS switch directly behind the host router and not daisy chained from the other switch? 

What CAT# LAN cables are you using? CAT6A STP would be recommended. 

@xarishark wrote:

I have a client with a 10gbe network with 2  PCs 1 Syno Server and 1 Unraid Server connected the 1GBe networks run runs from an omada switch and both switches are uplinked to an omada router(ER 605). Every about 2 months the switch hangs (the other omada switch I have for gigabit works fine so I know its only the netgear that hangs) and the only way to recover it is to pull the cord to restart. After seconds the network is back up. this is the second time this happens the first time only one port became unresponsive but this time the whole Switched froze. other than that the switch is amazing. 

Also is there on site swap in greece because my client cannot stay more than some hours without his 10gbe network because he ingests over 6 TB of videos per day. Thanks in advance. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements