× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Accessing Dashboard on the RNDuoV2

ukbobboy01
Apprentice

Accessing Dashboard on the RNDuoV2

Hi Stephen

As promised, I can now report on my ongoing "trials and tribulations" in trying to regain my access to my 3x ReadyNAS Duo V2 admin dashboards.

As said before, I put out feelers for an old laptop running WinXP.  Well, the Dell laptop that I purchased was delivered yesterday afternoon, after unboxing I found this old device quite heavy, much heavier than I remember laptops used to be (must be my aging memory).

It took me an hour or so to get this Dell Laptop running Firefox to connect to my network, it took me about another couple of hours today to download RAIDar Ver. 4.3.8 and 6.0, Java Runtime v1.6 and some intense experimenting to finally regain access to 2 of my 3 ReadyNAS Duo V2s admin dashboards. However, and for some reason, my oldest (first) ReadyNAS Duo V2 will not work, i.e. display it's dashboard via Firefox on my laptop. I get the same old error messages.

Anyway, 2 out of 3 problems solved isn't bad, it just took me some time and money (£).

Catch up with you later.

UK Bob

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@ukbobboy01 wrote:

after unboxing I found this old device quite heavy, much heavier than I remember laptops used to be 

They have gotten a lot lighter and thinner over the years.

Message 2 of 5
ukbobboy01
Apprentice

Hi Stephen

Just to catch up with my continuing adventures in making my Win11 PC work with my WinXP facilities. As you may remember, I regained access to Dashboard on 2 out of my 3 RNDuoV2s by using an old WinXP laptop, recently I got another RNDuoV2 (making it now 4 NASes in my posession) and I can now access all their Dasboards via my old laptop.

Recenty, I had to buy a Netgear GS305E switch to help find, identify and solve a problem on my network, i.e. an RJ45 cable went bad, so I was able to find and replace it.

I can now say I have my kit working the way I want it to, I can now do a lot more and faster as well. But the downside is when something crashes the problem takes a little longer to find and put right, especially if it a problem I've never seen before.

Aw well, at least it keeps the old brain working.

Until next time.

UK Bob

Message 3 of 5
ukbobboy01
Apprentice

Hi Stephen (and interested forum members)

I have just managed to install on all 4 of my RNDuoV2's that great add-on you directed me to, Apache2_2.2.34-arm-0.0.1.bin which allows me to access my DuoV2s dashboard using Win10/11

However, the Apache add-on is a bit more difficult to install and understand than first thought. Here is what I found out:-

1) The add-on is installed just as any other normal add-on but will generate an error message saying that it has not been installed.

2) This "non-installation" will crash the V2, whether the crash is obvious or not, and this will necessitate a manual restart, i.e. switching the RNDuoV2 off and on.

3) Once the RNDuoV2 has booted up and settled down, I found that I could now access the V2s admin dashboard, via Win10/11, by typing in the following in my Firefox's address bar:

https://{RNDuoV2's IP Address}/admin/index.html

The URL will generate two security error messages, one after the other, but give the option to keep going until the V2's dashboard is accessed.

4) At this point the URL for the V2's dashboard can be saved as a bookmark.

Just a few more points:

a) I had to use my old WinXP SP2 laptop to access my RNDuoV2's dashboard, in the first place, in order to install the "Apache" add-on.

b) The crashing of my first RNDuoV2, I installed the add-on onto, was somewhat disconcerting, especially as the generated error message said the add-on was not installed.

c) I found out that the add-on actually worked accidentally, still not sure how it happened but I was able to access my first RNDuoV2's dashboard and saved the bookmark.

Finally, I've just managed to install the Apache add-on onto my last RNDuoV2, it took the extra time because one of the HDs had failed and I had to wait until the new WD 4TB Red Plus arrived, which took 16 days from date of order.

So now my advantures (trials and tribulations) with Win10/11 working with (and seeing) my RNDuoV2s are now over.

Until the next adventure.

UK Bob

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@ukbobboy01 wrote:

So now my adventures (trials and tribulations) with Win10/11 working with (and seeing) my RNDuoV2s are now over,

Great!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements