× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All data usage showing up as snapshots

mthomtech
Tutor

All data usage showing up as snapshots

I'll preface this with the fact that I have no idea when this phenomenon showed up because I had not looked at my admin page in quite awhile.

I use my NAS 104 primarily for DVD storage for my HTPC.  I recently was adding a 4th drive in to the last bay.  Before I did, I updated the firmware to 6.4.2.  Added the drive to bring it up to four 4TB drives.  Adter a day or so, the space from the new drive was available.

Here's the strange thing.  I noticed that all of my data usage now shows as being used for snapshots, with only 26MB or so out of the 5+ TB of video data showing as consumed by data, and most all of it as snapshots.

I think I may have noticed this after the firmware upgrade, and before the additional drive, but not sure.

Anyway, all the files are still in the Share, and I can access them as normal ... I just wonder about the space being classified as snapshots instead of data.

Any thoughts?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: All data usage showing up as snapshots

A one-off snapshot upgrade didn't take place on your system.

I have sent you a PM.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Try running a balance and scrub.  A reboot in between may help (it seemed to make a difference for me with a somewhat similar instance).

Message 2 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If the balance doesn't resolve it send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 3 of 9
mthomtech
Tutor

Balance freed up a little space, but the data / snapshot mix didn't change.  Still show 26.8GB data and 5.05 TB of snapshots.  Shot you over the logs.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

A one-off snapshot upgrade didn't take place on your system.

I have sent you a PM.

Message 5 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Looks like your system has dropped off Secure Diagnostic Mode. It was in the middle of upgrading your snapshots.

If you can connect to the system please disable/re-enable Secure Diagnostic.

If you can't reboot the NAS and re-enable Secure Diagnostic Mode and let me know when done.

Message 6 of 9
mthomtech
Tutor

Yes - looks like my broadband went down for a minute ... I lost all connectivity.  I'm back up and dasabled and re-enabled.  Same code.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The quotas are being recalculated. This may take quite some time.

You should gradually see that the amount shown in the UI as consumed by current data increases till it reaches the correct value.

Message 8 of 9
mthomtech
Tutor

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements