× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup full log vs truncated

aks-2
Apprentice

Backup full log vs truncated

I wondered if it is possible to access the full log of a backup job, rather than the logs I have accessed so far, which either say:

• Log truncated
  • Log entries removed

There was an old thread with no responses - does no one have a clue 🤔?

Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Backup full log vs truncated

They are in the downloaded log .zip. but file naming is odd.  They are by job number, not name, and the backup_xxx.log has the list of runs and backup_ccc_copy.yyyyyyyyy has the results of the latest one, where xxx is the job number and yyyyyyyyy seems to be some kind of date/time code.

Message 2 of 3
aks-2
Apprentice

Re: Backup full log vs truncated

Thanks. I already downloaded the full logs unzipped, found the relevant backup job (in my case  backup_016.log and backup_016_copy.1687688196.log).

Amongst other things, it has the lines (start time seems to match the full log name):

start: 1687688196
finish: 1687688456

In the filr backup_016_copy.1687688196.log, I see the following entry:

BACKUP_INFO_LOG_TRUNCATED:228

And in the dashboard via teh web UI, the backup job log shows:

... 228 lines were removed ...

After reviewing several different backup job logs, I noticed the the "truncated" message is always on line 1001, the size of the files vary from 40KB-111KB, so it seems related to line count rather than size.

All the logs I checked appear to have the same truncation going on, not the full logs at all. Any further ideas?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements