× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Customise ReadyCloud logon screen

Cyb0r
Aspirant

Customise ReadyCloud logon screen

Is it possible to customise Readycloud logon screens to your company logos for that finer professional look. I know you can do this with owncloud server but netgear do not support the latest 8 version let alone get access to the root files in owncloud out of date ver 6 app downloadable on your nas app section.

I actually bought the readynas to use owncloud for customising to our small business so was a bit of a shock when i found out its hardly supported. 

Pity this wasn't explained in detail.

Running os 6.4.1

Message 1 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Customise ReadyCloud logon screen

Hello Cyb0r,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately there is no way on the ReadyCloud web access to customize the web site. It is a NETGEAR cloud server. 

About OwnCloud, we may just need to ask the developer of the app to upload an updated version. May I ask if you have tried this on a 6.4.0 version?

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
Cyb0r
Aspirant

Hi there no i have not tried on 6.4.0 

reason being its version 6.0 in apps only which is way out of date.

Message 3 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Cyb0r wrote:

Hi there no i have not tried on 6.4.0 

reason being its version 6.0 in apps only which is way out of date.

whocares_ offers version 8.2.1 on his rnxtras.com site. There is a small charge (~3 Euros) - very reasonable in my opinion.

Message 4 of 9
Cyb0r
Aspirant

i,ll check that out Stephen thanks

Also is there a way to point your readycloud client to say no-ip.org, reason being i have a no-ip account that i use to connect to remote software just wondering if readycloud would allow direct link to no-ip host name rather than having to use netgear servers.

Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Cyb0r wrote:

i,ll check that out Stephen thanks

Also is there a way to point your readycloud client to say no-ip.org, reason being i have a no-ip account that i use to connect to remote software just wondering if readycloud would allow direct link to no-ip host name rather than having to use netgear servers.

No, that won't work.  The netgear servers aren't just resolving names, they are also managing firewall/nat traversal.

If you have a router than can support its own VPN you can eliminate the netgear servers.  All the nighthawk routers from Netgear have OpenVPN built in, and several of the others can run it if you use dd-wrt firmware instead of the stock netgear firmware. You'd want no-ip ddns for that of course.  A solution along those lines wouldn't be using readycloud at all (and wouldn't need owncloud either).

Message 6 of 9
Cyb0r
Aspirant

thanks Stephen

probably now looking at setting up webclient in windows by adding a network location 

hopfully this will point to my no-ip host address.

The hard part now is working out which ports i need to open on my router and what configuration to access shared folders. I think this setup will be much faster at transfering larger files than Readycloud.

Any advice would be appreciated 

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@Cyb0r wrote:

thanks Stephen

probably now looking at setting up webclient in windows by adding a network location 

hopfully this will point to my no-ip host address.

The hard part now is working out which ports i need to open on my router and what configuration to access shared folders. I think this setup will be much faster at transfering larger files than Readycloud.

Any advice would be appreciated 

I don't think you should open your router to SMB or AFP access.  Access would be hit-or-miss anyway, since I think at least some ISPs and hotspots are blocking those ports.  

http is straightforward - just configure the NAS https secondary port to something in the 49152-65535 range (say 54321) and use https://ddnsname:54321/sharename for access.  If your noip account supports redirection / port mapping you can also use that to redirect the normal port 443 to 54321 invisibly.

ftps would also work.  Perhaps 3 passive ports for every expected simultaneous users.  So for 5 users, maybe use 50000 for the control port, and ports 50001-50015 for the passive port range.  Filezilla is a good FTP client that supports ftps, can easily be configured to use non-standard control ports, and also doesn't need the masquerade turned on.  That's convenient if you want to use FTP within your office for some reason. 

Message 8 of 9
Cyb0r
Aspirant

Brilliant 

i,ll try out what you have suggested Stephen and let you know how i got on.

Thanks 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements