× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware Update Path

Staff
Aspirant

Firmware Update Path

Is upgrading from 6.2.4 directly to 6.4.2 a single step or is there a version I should upgrade to in between? 

Model: RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware Update Path

Yes you can update direct. Disable the anti-virus service first if you use that.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which model do you have?

Message 2 of 10
Staff
Aspirant

RN3220

Message 3 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes you can update direct. Disable the anti-virus service first if you use that.

Message 4 of 10
Staff
Aspirant

Awesome. Thanks for your assisstance. I read the release notes and said all other devices could be updated directly. I got burned once before by skipping a couple versions and wanted to double check and make sure.

Message 5 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Staff,

You can try 6.4.0 first.

Regards,

Message 6 of 10
Staff
Aspirant

I did some looking around and saw alot of people have problems with 6.4.0. Didn't see any with the 3220 though.

Message 7 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Staff,

I think those who get trouble are using ARM based NAS. You are using Intel based so that should be okay.

Regards,

Message 8 of 10
Staff
Aspirant

I upgraded straight to 6.4.2 this weekend and had zero issues. Thank you both for your assisstance.

Message 9 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Staff,

You are most welcome and I am glad to hear that.

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements