× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How can I delete the snaps ?

makkistyle
Aspirant

How can I delete the snaps ?

Hi,

I noticed in my ReadyNAS HDD got more than 1TB of snapshots (Yellow)

how can I delete that or clear it .. to save memory 

Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 6.26.41 AM.png

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Go to the shares page, and then click on the snapshots control on the right. Then select each share and delete the snapshots you want to get rid of.  Best strategy is to delete the oldest ones. It can take a little while for the space to free up.

After that, I suggest going into the share settings for each share, and changing the snapshots from "smart" to "custom.  Then you can explicitly set the snapshot retention.  I find that 3 months retention works for me - keeping the amount of space used fairly low, but still giving me a useful window of time to recovery anything I mistakenly deleted or modified.

So you could start with that, and then adjust the retention for each share as desired.

I also configure the snapshots to only make snapshots on changes, which reduces the clutter (though it doesn't save much space).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Go to the shares page, and then click on the snapshots control on the right. Then select each share and delete the snapshots you want to get rid of.  Best strategy is to delete the oldest ones. It can take a little while for the space to free up.

After that, I suggest going into the share settings for each share, and changing the snapshots from "smart" to "custom.  Then you can explicitly set the snapshot retention.  I find that 3 months retention works for me - keeping the amount of space used fairly low, but still giving me a useful window of time to recovery anything I mistakenly deleted or modified.

So you could start with that, and then adjust the retention for each share as desired.

I also configure the snapshots to only make snapshots on changes, which reduces the clutter (though it doesn't save much space).

Message 2 of 3
makkistyle
Aspirant

HI,

Thanks for your reply

got it right .. I'm planning to disable it 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo