× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mediaplayer only sees part of the tracks copied to NAS RN202

Racso
Aspirant

Mediaplayer only sees part of the tracks copied to NAS RN202

Dear all,

I've copied my music library from a ReadyNAS Duo to a new RN202

I've used RSync to copy all the files.

Strangely, part of my collection is not accessible from my mediaplayer (Kinsky) while the folders with the audiofiles are all present on the NAS RN202.

I verified this by using Raidar, and browsing the Netgear "shares"

When browsing using windows explorer in the folders in the generic mediaplayer on my laptop, I also only see part of the folders (that is at least consistent with what I see using Kinsky)

I guess (?) this could have something to do with the authoraties to the folders?

If so, to be honest I have no clue how to either change or configure this in the right way.

But maybe this is caused by something else?

Any help much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Mediaplayer only sees part of the tracks copied to NAS RN202

Is Kinsky using DLNA?  Or direct access to the share?

Message 2 of 4
Racso
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, good question ... to be honest I don't know. Any way how I can find this out?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Racso wrote:

Hi Stephen, good question ... to be honest I don't know. Any way how I can find this out?

Read the Kinsky documentation Smiley Surprised  https://oss.linn.co.uk/trac/wiki/Kinsky says it uses upnp AV 1.0 - which is generally compatible with DLNA.

Assuming it has no other mode, then it must be using ReadyDLNA (or plex if you enabled that).  So check the DLNA settings for the share(s) and try rescanning the media.  

Plex might be a better option for you, since it will transcode media if the Kinsky player needs that.  ReadyDLNA won't.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements