× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Migration from ReadyNAS Ultra 6 to ReadyNAS 516 fails

Floaf
Aspirant

Migration from ReadyNAS Ultra 6 to ReadyNAS 516 fails

My ReadyNAS Ultra 6 just stopped working and when i read this migration guide: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29957?cid=wmt_netgear_organic i decided to get a ReadyNAS 516 to be able to access the data from the old x-raid2 array.

I did exactly as it say. I inserted a disk not from the old array, I factory resetted the ReadyNAS 516, I upgraded the firmware to 6.6, powered the ReadyNAS down, and then I removed the disk and inserted my five disks from my old ReadyNAS.

When i turned the ReadyNAS on again, it's booting up with firmware RAIDiator 4.2.24. 

I can se that the health status shows 5 disks that is "OK" and all the settings from the old NAS is there, but it say that volume C is offline and I can't access any data from my shares or the iSCSI-target I had on my old ReadyNAS.

This is what is showing on the homscreen: (It's in swedish so sorry for that)

Modell:ReadyNAS 516 v2 Business Edition
Serie:3C853C0K004A2
Fast programvara:RAIDiator 4.2.24 
Minne:3840 MB
IPv4-adress: 1:192.168.0.5
IPv4-adress: 2:Inte ansluten
Volym C:Offline, RAID-nivå 6, 5 diskar, 100% av 8364 GB använt

Any suggestions what I should do to get it working?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Floaf,

It appears the issue you have described requires assistance from the engineers and/or higher tier who can remote in to the NAS and fix this from the backend.

It shows on your records that you still have support warranty, I suggest contacting support center and can get one of the engineers take a look at it.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Floaf,

It appears the issue you have described requires assistance from the engineers and/or higher tier who can remote in to the NAS and fix this from the backend.

It shows on your records that you still have support warranty, I suggest contacting support center and can get one of the engineers take a look at it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Floaf
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that.

Message 3 of 6
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Floaf,

You are welcome.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Floaf,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
Floaf
Aspirant

Hi there.

The support helped me and I'm accessing the shares and copying the data right now and hopefully they can access the iscsi volume too when I am done copying, so half way there 🙂

Regarding this forum thread, your suggestion that I should contact support was the solution so I'll mark that one. 

Thanks! 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements