× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Most file shares not visible from Frontview (Ultra 4 plus, OS 6.10.3)

greg_t
Aspirant

Most file shares not visible from Frontview (Ultra 4 plus, OS 6.10.3)

This afternoon I noticed that Frontview on my Ultra-4 plus server was only displaying shares for "Home Folders" and the 7 shares I have been serving for years were not visible.  The shares are mountable from my MacOS laptop and appear to serve data just fine, except I cannot configure them because there is nothing to click on in FrontView.

This seems like it may be related to a recent upgrade to OS 6.10.3.  I did the upgrade without a close post-upgrade check, so that is a possibility.

Any suggestions for how to get these shares to show in Frontview again?

Thanks,

Greg

Model: RNDP400U (ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus)|READYNAS ULTRA 4 PLUS (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi greg_t,

If you are comfortable in configuring your NAS via SSH. You may use the script provided on this link. This should fix the issue wherein the shares do not appear on the web GUI.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi greg_t,

If you are comfortable in configuring your NAS via SSH. You may use the script provided on this link. This should fix the issue wherein the shares do not appear on the web GUI.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
greg_t
Aspirant

John,

Thank you for that script. I am very command line savvy so I looked it over and ran it.

It worked superbly.  I am very thankful for your noticing my plaintive plea, recognizing the problem and pointing me to that script.

Is there an explanation for what happened to cause the problem in the first place? 

Thanks again,

Greg

Model: RNDP400U (ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus)|READYNAS ULTRA 4 PLUS (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 3 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi greg_t,

It is most likely one of the configs on the NAS got corrupted which caused the issue.

The readynasd keeps a copy of configs in the database but it imports every time at the start of readynasd. What most likely happened is when the NAS rebooted, the readynasd tried reading those config files where it imports from and it had no data on the files, so it has nothing to show. This also means that it can't update the Shares.conf file which contains all the shares, making file explorer show you all the shares that were there before the readynasd configs were emptied

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements