× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear ReadyNAS 314 has weird login issues

OldSchoolGuy
Aspirant

Netgear ReadyNAS 314 has weird login issues

Hi, I’m wondering if anybody who has a RN314 can test to see if they have the same issue as me.  I recently started having login issues with my NAS, and it would ask me for the password twice.  I recently bought a brand new hard drive and all has been working well.  Until, yesterday I left the login page open on my desktop (login page after I had signed out of the unit)  (more then 3 hours) and when I entered in my password, it rejected it and brought it up again.  I have verified and I am entering in the correct password.  It never happens unless, like I said I leave the login page open on the NAS after logging out (when refreshing the page and entering in the credentials it works fine).  I kind of recall that I was having this issue on day one when I bought this NAS back in 2014, but would like if somebody can test to see if they are having the same issue.  In order to test this, you have to login to the admin page, logout, don’t refresh the page/don’t close the browser, wait more then 3 hours, then login and see if the issue comes up.  NAS is running 6.10.9 but I tested it and came up on 6.10.8 also.  I would really like to know if something is wrong with my NAS or it’s simply just a bug with  every NAS.

Message 1 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

I don't see why it would be different from any other Intel based ReadyNAS.  On mine, leaving it in that condition often ends up moving it to the password recovery screen.  Do you have password recovery enabled?  If not, I'm wondering if it's the same cause, with that making the difference as to how the NAS acts.

Another possibility may be drive spin-down.  If you have that enabled, try disabling it to see if it goes away.

Message 2 of 7
OldSchoolGuy
Aspirant

Password recovery isn’t enabled and there isn’t disks set to spin down.

Message 3 of 7
NiveditaP3
NETGEAR Expert

Hello @OldSchoolGuy ,

Please refer to the attached link for password recovery assistance

https://kb.netgear.com/29760/How-do-I-recover-a-lost-or-forgotten-administrator-password-on-my-Ready... 

Have a lovely day, 
Nivedita Pa
Netgear Team 

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@OldSchoolGuy wrote:

Password recovery isn’t enabled and there isn’t disks set to spin down.

Not seeing why disk spin down would make a difference here, but password recovery certainly might change the behavior.

There is an inactivity timer on a full login (where you are automatically logged out), this sounds like it might be a side-effect of that policy. 

Message 5 of 7
tigerten
Luminary

Once expired/timed out,you have to use a new browser page/tab.
Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@tigerten wrote:
Once expired/timed out,you have to use a new browser page/tab.

Agreed that is likely all that is going on.  

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements